Who has a turntable in their setup?

Enjoy your birthday Douglas.

Judging by those “side” dishes you have both good taste in music and music that now tastes good!

1 Like

Fantastic, how creative this is. All the best and your wife must be wonderful.

1 Like

Happy Birthday, wow that looks to good to cut. You certainly have talented people who care a great deal about you in your life! You my friend are blessed!

1 Like

Happy Burthday. Cake looks fantastic.

Did it improve the SQ?? :joy::joy:

1 Like

I have a Revox B795 with AT 540ML cartridge through a rega phono 3.

2 Likes

How did it sound ? (The cake).

2 Likes

A very sweet sound, warm and fluffy, magnificent musicality due to dark layers of goodness.

3 Likes

Yum!
Perhaps one should now invent cake-based turntable mats? :wink:

1 Like

Liquorice turntable mat .

1 Like

Nothing can sound better than a well setup LP12 IMO:

4 Likes

:grinning: I respectfully disagree, but they can be very entertaining for sure! :grinning:

5 Likes

That sounds like the equivalent of slapping one in the face with a gauntlet in days of old when Knights were bold.

Nowadays…glad you are enjoying it😁

4 Likes

Bit romantic for me, a lovely deck but I prefer the blood and thunder of a direct drive.

2 Likes

I had the Oracle in my office for some extended fettling but it was taking up too much space, so I went a bit auction crazy and got a new player which takes up somewhat less space.

The new AT VM530NE cartridge was more than the rest of the kit but I never trust the stylus that comes on a used turntable and didn’t want to try and source a replacement for the Shure that was (naturally) on there at sale.

It’ll get a strip down and rebuild/upgrade at some point, but for now its ability to stop me in the middle of work and just listen is impressive.

8 Likes

Somethings for a Xmas stocking.

Also, this -

Another thing-

1 Like

The old SME 2000 plinth is up and running with the 401, 312s and a slab of copper.

Hopefully the result will be something like this when it’s finished.

A new plinth within the existing one is the plan. Keeping the vintage look and adding more mass to avoid resonances. Now the plinth sings like a sitar.

14 Likes

Lol
And that’s why I dropped my 401 in a solid slab of Baltic Birch…30lb of mass helped that problem!

4 Likes

I have a Mofi Ultradeck with Hana ML cartridge and Hegel V10 RIAA

Not had LP since CD came, but must admit I love the new setup now!

4 Likes

Not cheap but if you want mass for your Garrard.

2 Likes

I do not have a turntable. I found this video interesting since it takes a different approach to isolation of vibration.

4 Likes