Who has a turntable in their setup?

Sure is, but as always there are more than one road to Rome.
I like the Regas (have Planar 3 from 2018) with their up tempo attitude and great presence. But the Brinkmann Bardo or AMG Viella have an approach which comes across to my ears as more “complete”, but of course at a huge premium. But then again, on the other end of the spectrum with a bouncy Sondek LP12 you’ll get yet another different presentation.

These are of course all reasons to why you always should own +1 record player! :smiley:

1 Like

My 401 acquired recently…50 years ago I had a 301 and a 401…both left in NZ when I went traveling and never returned to collect. In an Ikea wood diy plinth 32kgs

My Lenco 75 with terminator pro airbearing linear tracking arm, clear audio platter and prp2 top plate on 25kgs of slate

A Linn LP12…actually selling this one…

6 other turntables in the house too…some linear trackers (3) some not (3)

13 Likes

A lot of mass but not the vintage look I’m after.

1 Like

Hello all! After decades without a system, finally putting one together and planning to include Roon, so here I am. I will be including a turntable to play my old vinyl. It’s actually a VPI HW-19 Mk2 that I purchased in the 90’s but never set up. Now it has a Origin Live modified Rega 250 arm and a Hana EL cartridge feeding a MoFi Studio Phono Stage.

Soon I’ll be working on building a Nuc Rock for the digital server. Still waiting for my speakers to be made (long waiting list). Schitt and IFi electronics. I’m sure I’ll have many questions to come about Roon and setting up the Nuc.

9 Likes

Welcome and we are looking forward to your posts, and to your system.
Enjoy the music!

4 Likes

Sounds like you should read (or better audiobook) the vinyl detective. Great for vinyl and hifi lovers. Some fun gear coming by and very recognisable descriptions… record rot came by too. Your post is my first real life example!

2 Likes

Anyone here use a current input (trans-impedance) phono stage, e.g. one of the Sutherland models?

Sutherland 2020 in use here - very capable and flexible model…not sure current it is is thats what you mean or you referring to using a current mode circuit?

Yes, current mode instead of voltage, like in the Little Loco, e.g.

Wasn’t aware that was a design mode for Sutherland devices

the 401 is outstanding. which arm are you using?

Yep. Loco, Litttle Loco, TZ Vibe.

I read where there is a new top of the Sutherland line due out with, among other things, both balanced and unbalanced inputs. Don’t know if that is going to be current stage input or voltage.

1 Like

Is that an original Cyrus III (looks like from the button layout)

The vast music libraries that streaming/Roon brings to the table is a game changer but I simply love the sound I get from listening to jazz through my vinyl setup. Happy New Year all!

14 Likes

what is the rig on the right?

Well Tempered Super with WT Reference arm, platter and bearing.

2 Likes

My P10 setup with Moon 390 with an AHB2 and a pair of Quad ESL 2905 and my trusty HD800

12 Likes

This is one of my most significant upgrades in the vinyl playback area…

I’m just saying, if you have the opportunity to have a listen, grab it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Does that fine P10 really have to violate all of Rega’s placement instructions? Admittedly it looks fabulous but maybe even better with the P10 on a Rega shelf on the wall between the furniture and the TV :slight_smile:

Mine lurking in the background:

I have to add the little light show:

(P10 with Apheta-3, Naim SuperLine, NAC 252 + SuperCap DR, NDX-2 + 555PS DR, NAP 300 DR, Sehring Audio S913 Curved)

6 Likes

I know, I will remove the little Santa and then the sound will reach new heights :wink:

2 Likes