Who has a turntable in their setup?

“What was it, then? Here in Sweden no tonearm cable is included with a Brinkmann TT, and i don’t think Helmut produces any?”

No idea what tonecable it is.

1 Like

Hey, sorry, just haven’t been logged in in awhile. It is very level (I used a level) and the butcher black itself is on pieces of Herbie’s Audio ‘grungebuster’ material, shimmed as necessary for leveling, as well as the legs of the entire Ikea cabinet are on the Herbie’s as well (I just buy the sheet and cut). I can jump up and down on our oak floors and no vibrations to the TT. I can also pull the drawer in and out (slowly) while playing with no skipping. Sadly, I just don’t use it very often as my streaming setup is just too good in comparison.

looks like fun

I hope that this is not off-topic. If it is, I would appreciate a private message with suggestions.

My son has, I believe, a Dual 1279 (?) turntable. He has relocated 600 miles away and needs a new cartridge. (He buys an occasional album, does not play CDs, and he streams only Spotify).

Thus, I would appreciate any/all recommendations on a budget cartridge (MM not MC).

Thank you in advance, and again, if this is off-topic, please reply via message.

Denon DL110. High output MC.

but maybe not budget, exactly…

1 Like

Look at Audio-Tecnica carts. Pick one that suits your budget. Or the Ortofon 2m red for 99 dollars.

3 Likes

Thank you. Both came to mind and are within proportion to his turntable.

Goldring 1042 worked well on a dual I once had.

1 Like

Shall pass it on. Thank you for the input.

I am partial to Goldring carts as well.

1 Like

Upgraded an old Dual with a Rega Carbon cart some time ago with good results.

1 Like

Passed that along as well. Thank you. It would seem to be within his grasp.

1 Like

He can hardly go wrong with an Audio Technica AT-95VE. The VML os a lot pricier but CAN be a hoot if he listens to mostly well recorded music from good condition LPs

I have my prefs in the Ortofon 2M Series, the Red is nice but best vfm should likely be the Blue.

1 Like

Thank y’all for your input. It all has been relayed to my son. He also expressed his appreciation. He now has enough information to narrow his search. Again, our thanks.

6 Likes

This is my birthday cake. Surprise from my wife. Done from a photo of my Well Tempered Versalex TT. :blush:

34 Likes

:birthday:
Happy birthday then, Douglas - and my hat’s off to your wonderful wife!
:1st_place_medal:

4 Likes

wow that would not have been a cheap TT build…Happy Birthday mate!!!

I remember in my child hood my mum made me a Thunderbirds 2 cake and another year a 2’ long aircraft carrier - no idea why the carrier, as I had no interest in them - but it was an epic effort.

2 Likes

Beautifully done. Your missus is a keeper!

Happy Birthday.

1 Like

Happy birthday Douglas, the cake’s a stunner and a LOT of work. Compliments to the baker as well.

(edited to change “Comments” to “Compliments”)

2 Likes

Happy Birthday Douglas,

And congrats to you wife for such a great idea!
Actually to good to eat… :grinning:

1 Like