Why do some 192khz files play and some do not?

I did yesterday, will try again, thanks

Anyway, Neil young tonight’s the night, plays perfect. Zappa does not. So some 192s play, others don’t. Mystery

Maybe a database issue?
I’m just working, coming back later

Axel, picking up an audioquest forest cable today. Will report back

This is not the issue since you’re having the same problem with the analog out of the Node.

I wonder if this is an issue with Roon receiving the data or sending it over RAAT to the Node. Have you tried playing those files to the Node over Airplay? If it doesn’t work then the problem is in the reception by Roon, if it does then it’s RAAT to the Node.

1 Like

Hey Cooch,
you switched your core machine, right?

Could it be that something went wrong doing this, I’m thinking of some kind of database corruption?
In this case it’s probably best to wait, what @support will have to say, since they have access to your logs.
Do you have a backup available?

I don’t know what else it could be, everything else seems to be ruled out?

Yes, I upgraded my laptop core. The problem I hd before is gone, but now I have this problem

I will try deleting and reinstalling roon

Then I will try this if it doesn’t work

macOS / Windows / Linux RoonServer

• Stop RoonServer

• Navigate to your RoonServer’s Database Location

• Find the folder that says “RoonServer”

• Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”

• Reinstall the RoonServer App from our Downloads Page to generate a new RoonServer folder

• On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

• Restore a backup

I used an NAD M10 for about a year and there were files from Qobuz that it would not play in 192 - so I used to play and enjoy them in lower resolution. And then I bought a pair of KEF LS60’s and they play the files that wouldn’t play previously. One album in particular that I remember was Manu Katché : Third Round in 192. No go on the NAD, fine on the KEF’s. Not sure if this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That may be. Please remember @CoochDigsMusic I still have the old firmware on my node, so it’s possible that the error is in the new FW.

Cannot find Roon database location?

Found Roon folder

I recommend to wait for @support to give them insight.
I think if only one track doesn’t work, isn’t it so bad to wait a bit?

No Roon server folder, only Roon?

Ok, followed all steps. Zappa album stills static then skips. All tracks skip.
Oh well, we tried.
Thanks to all. Appreciate your time and input.
When this happens I’ll just have to pick lower quality version of album

1 Like

Ok, just connected audioquest forest cable, still skips. Having tried all options, hopefully someone from support will help

1 Like

Just tried playing that very track to my Node2i (using analog outputs), and it plays just fine.

Not using any snake oil cables though.

Could there be a problem with the Node? Will the same track play if you use BluOS built-in Qobuz player, rather than Roon?

Hey thanks. Yea 99% sure it’s the node 2i. Just weird that some 192s play, some don’t. Does play fine with Qobuz thru BluOS app tho.

I think the node2i is defective……others have had same problem, some fixed it and some couldn’t. I couldn’t
Thanks

Certainly sounds like there is something wrong with the Node. Did you try contacting Bluesound support? They are quite responsive, if not necessarily quick at fixing things.