Why do some 192khz files play and some do not?

I have this one

Digital Coax , not USB
From the Node to the DAC

That cable says it’s for audio also. I would run this from laptop to dac, and not use the node 2i

Ah okay
But I don’t know, sorry

Thanks, I am using a cheap coax cable now. Maybe a better one would work? Like the forest?

I don’t think so, it only affects the sound.
Unless something is wrong with the connectors. Which of course can be, any wobble somewhere?

If nothing helps after comparing the BlueOS settings, I would think about a factory reset of the node.

1 Like

Yes I will try that, I am also getting that forest cable today at local stereo shop, thanks

No wobble, so not that

So, just tried the Zappa track on my other system, with a Chromecast audio into a dac. The track still skips here too. It doesn’t stop like on the node2i, but just skips. Same with all tracks on this album. This is so weird

It should work just fine, unless it is damaged of course. The bandwidth for 192 is nothin.

Also, Node 2i has analog outputs. Do those not play?

Tried analog out yesterday, still didn’t work. I have just reset the node, problem still exists.
Also, this album has same problem thru a Chromecast audio into a peach tree dac. So it’s so confusing why it won’t play . Tried everything
I guess everything I own doesn’t work

And just when I went lifetime with Roon, figures

Have you tried to unplug your router for several minutes and reboot the entire network, core and audio?

I did yesterday, will try again, thanks

Anyway, Neil young tonight’s the night, plays perfect. Zappa does not. So some 192s play, others don’t. Mystery

Maybe a database issue?
I’m just working, coming back later

Axel, picking up an audioquest forest cable today. Will report back

This is not the issue since you’re having the same problem with the analog out of the Node.

I wonder if this is an issue with Roon receiving the data or sending it over RAAT to the Node. Have you tried playing those files to the Node over Airplay? If it doesn’t work then the problem is in the reception by Roon, if it does then it’s RAAT to the Node.

1 Like

Hey Cooch,
you switched your core machine, right?

Could it be that something went wrong doing this, I’m thinking of some kind of database corruption?
In this case it’s probably best to wait, what @support will have to say, since they have access to your logs.
Do you have a backup available?

I don’t know what else it could be, everything else seems to be ruled out?