Why do some 192khz files play and some do not?

Yes, I upgraded my laptop core. The problem I hd before is gone, but now I have this problem

I will try deleting and reinstalling roon

Then I will try this if it doesn’t work

macOS / Windows / Linux RoonServer

• Stop RoonServer

• Navigate to your RoonServer’s Database Location

• Find the folder that says “RoonServer”

• Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”

• Reinstall the RoonServer App from our Downloads Page to generate a new RoonServer folder

• On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

• Restore a backup

I used an NAD M10 for about a year and there were files from Qobuz that it would not play in 192 - so I used to play and enjoy them in lower resolution. And then I bought a pair of KEF LS60’s and they play the files that wouldn’t play previously. One album in particular that I remember was Manu KatchĂ© : Third Round in 192. No go on the NAD, fine on the KEF’s. Not sure if this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That may be. Please remember @CoochDigsMusic I still have the old firmware on my node, so it’s possible that the error is in the new FW.

Cannot find Roon database location?

Found Roon folder

I recommend to wait for @support to give them insight.
I think if only one track doesn’t work, isn’t it so bad to wait a bit?

No Roon server folder, only Roon?

Ok, followed all steps. Zappa album stills static then skips. All tracks skip.
Oh well, we tried.
Thanks to all. Appreciate your time and input.
When this happens I’ll just have to pick lower quality version of album

1 Like

Ok, just connected audioquest forest cable, still skips. Having tried all options, hopefully someone from support will help

1 Like

Just tried playing that very track to my Node2i (using analog outputs), and it plays just fine.

Not using any snake oil cables though.

Could there be a problem with the Node? Will the same track play if you use BluOS built-in Qobuz player, rather than Roon?

Hey thanks. Yea 99% sure it’s the node 2i. Just weird that some 192s play, some don’t. Does play fine with Qobuz thru BluOS app tho.

I think the node2i is defective

others have had same problem, some fixed it and some couldn’t. I couldn’t
Thanks

Certainly sounds like there is something wrong with the Node. Did you try contacting Bluesound support? They are quite responsive, if not necessarily quick at fixing things.

Update. Now I think it is not the Node. Just tried playing some Zappa 192s on Bose Bluetooth speaker and they all skipped. Playing Neil Young 192s no skips at all. I would think since they get downsampled there would be no skips at all.
Any further thoughts on why only certain 192khz albums skip, while some are fine? It does now not appear to be the Node.
Thanks

I have looked at their site. Their fix seems to be a factory reset. Doesn’t work for me.

Since it does seem to play fine on (some) other Nodes, like mine, this might be a problem with something in your setup.

If you go to the Help section of the BluOS app itself, there’s an option to send a help request to them, which automatically packs up and sends to them your device logs and info. With that they might be able to offer something more useful than a generic “do a factory reset” advice.

No, if that’s the case, there must be another cause.
For this very reason I suspected a database error.

Cooch, the Zappa’s in your library?
Maybe 

If you delete it?
Reset 

Reboot 

Who knows?
Or just wait for support.

Bumping this up too, for @support to look into it:

@CoochDigsMusic
I have a long time a similar problem: 2 songs in the album of “Creedence Clearwater Revival” “The Complete Studio Albums”. This big album consists of 7 discs and 65 tracks.
But only 2 songs always skips. I bought the album, so the songs are locally on my SSD-drive in my ROCK (192KHz - 24Bit).
Nevertheless, always the same 2 songs skips.
In the mean wile, I changed even my ROCK to an new NUC. I changed my Node2 to a SOtM 200 Ultra Neo. I changed the DAC, 

To be clear, I didn’t changed all those items “just as a test for making those 2 songs work”! They were upgrades.
But those 2 songs never played.
I can tell you that those 2 songs are playing correct when not played via Roon.
I had the same problems when I played those songs from Qobuz online (so not my purchased version on my local SSD)
Also, those are the only 2 songs I have that will always skip, and I have a lot of tracks in 192KHz - 24Bit.
So for me there is a problem of some songs in the Qobuz-catalogue that have problems with Roon.
My solution, I downloaded those 2 songs at 96KHz, to put them on my ROCK-SSD. And those are playing now perfectly.
I had those problems already a long time, so I stopped searching for a better solution.
But now I was curious if I could play those songs online correctly from Qobuz, and apparently it is working.
So I will download the album again from Qobuz this weekend to see if all songs will work at 192KHz.

Short story: don’t blame your equipment. I presume you have bad luck with those files of Qobuz when playing via Roon.

But it can’t be that simple that a general Roon bug has problems with something in the Zappa tracks because they play fine for me. It would have to be something that is specific to @CoochDigsMusic’s setup, somehow. What CCR tracks are affected for you, I could try them?