Why do some 192khz files play and some do not?

Like not work at all, or doesn’t fix the problem?

Have you tried using the node 2 inbuilt dacs analogue output to rule out your DAC? If your getting loading slowly message then it’s more likely network related.

Didn’t fix problem, plays 1/4 thru, scratches, then stops, says Qobuz loading slowly

Just tried that, same problem

Did notice the ps audio dac sounds better tho than the node dac

But, the new coax cable is cheap too, only thing Best Buy had

Then it’s network related. If you can change your routers dns server this often helps users as isp dns servers are less than stellar. You can try changing it to point to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 for secondary.

If only I knew how to do that

I expected that. However, at least now you have a cable that is not dodgy when sent 192 kHz like Toslink, so progress. Now on to the real issue, most likely network somewhere

Go to the web admin interface of your router. Somewhere there will most likely be a setting for the DNS server it shall use. The router manual should tell you, else tell us your router model. The setting will most likely be set to automatic, meaning it uses the ISP’s DNS server, and those are often poor and slow. Change it to manual and enter the addresses given by CrystalGipsy, then save/apply

(1.1.1.1 is the DNS by Cloudflare, 8.8.8.8 is Google’s)

Ok, I manually added. Could not delete the Node 2i one, so made new one named new node2i. Also, had to use the 1111. So far is this right?

Oh, there is a dns server, and dynamic dns. I used dns server. Correct or no?

Most routers have 2 fields for the DNS, a primary one and a secondary one, so as CrystalGipsy suggested you could use 1.1.1.1 for primary and 8.8.8.8 for secondary. If there is only one field, 1.1.1.1 is fine. Most routers have 4 boxes for the IP address with periods shown in between, so you would only enter 1 in each field.

I can only say for sure if you have that right with a screenshot.

I don’t understand this:

Delete where?

Yes, DNS is good. Dynamic DNS is something else

Router is Fios G3100. Familiar to anyone?

In dns server, there are 8 different ip addresses. One is node 2i. I couldn’t change the IP address so created a new one new node 2i. What am I doing wrong[quote=“Suedkiez, post:54, topic:231819, full:true”]
Most routers have 2 fields for the DNS, a primary one and a secondary one, so as CrystalGipsy suggested you could use 1.1.1.1 for primary and 8.8.8.8 for secondary. If there is only one field, 1.1.1.1 is fine. Most routers have 4 boxes for the IP address with periods shown in between, so you would only enter 1 in each field.

I can only say for sure if you have that right with a screenshot.

I don’t understand this:

Delete where?
[/quote]

Ah, now I get

I suppose you did this, from the manual of your router?
https://manuals.plus/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/dns-server.png
This is confusingly named and what it does is that it configures the LOCAL DNS server in your router. This is where your local devices get their name, this is why the node was listed.

Just a sec, let me look up the right place in your manual

Thanks, I did what the manual says. It still the node 2i host name. I added new node2i

Thanks, I’ll wait for your next step

You only need one of those. (Still searching the manual)