Roon Core Machine

i5 NUC

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Cat 6 hardwired network - fiber internet

Connected Audio Devices

Blusound

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

My ARC is down. Has been working perfect for months. No network changes. Correct ports open. Simply won’t connect anymore. Using Roon Rock as server. Anyone else had issues? Was there an update that might have broke it?

{
“ipv6_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“99.hhh.eee.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“2600:aaa:bbb:ccc:ddd:eee:fff:ggg”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“><s:Body><s:Fault>s:ClientUPnPError<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">718ConflictInMappingEntry</s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>”}
}

As far as I know this suggests that uPnP is using the same port as used in a port forwarding rule in your router.

Whoops. I don’t use uPnP at all, but tried turning it on to see if it would connect and forgot to turn it back off.

Here’s the error code for my once working setup. ARC was working a day to two ago.

{
“ipv6_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“99.hhh.eee.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“2600:aaa:bbb:ccc:ddd:eee:fff:ggg”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Every now and again, my core will change IP address overnight. Turns out it’s from firmware updates to my router Once I determine what the Core’s new IP address is, I have to manually go back into port forwarding section in the router settings and edit the IP address there. I found out that this happens whenever there is a firmware update. The router is set to look for updates automatically, and will reboot when it’s completed, which also changes internal IP addresses.

Maybe this is your issue as well?

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, but I am using a static IP address for the Roon server so it never changes. I also only update firmware on my router manually. I haven’t updated the firmware on my router in about 3 months.

Try recreating the manual port forwarding rule.

Thank you. I’ve already tried that as well. No luck.

Did you try changing the Port Number as well?

Sure did. Still no luck.

Obviously, I’ve been trying a billions things to get this to work and nothing really has… however, I was able to get the ARC to kind of connect when I enabled uPnP (which I really don’t want to enable for security reasons, and it was working fine for months with my manual settings and port forwardings).

But I still can’t use ARC. The connection test in the Roon ARC settings is successful 7 out of 10 times. During the 70% of times that is does connect, it will say “Roon ARC can see your Roon Core”. However, the other 30% times will give me this error:

{
      "ipv6_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
      "ipv4_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
      "external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"99.hhh.eee.ccc","actual_external_ipv6":"2600:aaa:bbb:ccc:ddd:eee:fff:ggg","router_external_ip":"99.hhh.eee.ccc"},
      "natpmp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"},
      "upnp_autoconfig": {"server_ip":"192.168.1.1","found_upnp":true}
      }

And if I try to test again, sometimes it will give me this error:

{
      "ipv4_connectivity": {"status":"Success","status_code":200,"error":""},
      "external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"99.hhh.eee.ccc","actual_external_ipv6":"2600:aaa:bbb:ccc:ddd:eee:fff:ggg","router_external_ip":"99.hhh.eee.ccc"},
      "natpmp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"},
      "upnp_autoconfig": {"server_ip":"192.168.1.1","found_upnp":true}
      }

So frustrating…

When it does connect, I go to my phone ARC and attempt to connect to the Core in Roon, it says “Only available on your network”. I hit the connect button anyway and after a long while, it sort of connects and the home screen opens. No album artwork will load, but oddly I can play songs from qobuz sometimes. Pages take forever to load and will not load all the way with empty images.

Again, everything with Roon ARC was working perfectly fine just a few days ago.

Please give us information on your network modem and/or routers setup and your internet provider.

AT&T Fiber Internet (1000GB) using their BGW210-700 Modem set up as a passthrough (bridge) to an Asus RT-AX86U where the ROCK (Intel NUC 11 NUC11PAHi5) is hard-wired into with Cat6. Again, this setup with manual port forwarding was working for months until a few days ago. Nothing on the network setup had been changed. No firmware updates happened on router.

Hmmm. Weird. Based on your posts I assume you have tested that the port is reachable from the internet?
Did your ISP change something?

Did you look at the AT&T entries in this post?

Looks like I had some extra traffic that was hitting some of the configured router limits. Altered the settings and everything is working as normal again. It was all on my side. Thank you everyone for your responses.

Well, good to know that you got it sorted.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.