BluOS devices do not show up via Roon Ready mode after updating to BluOS version 3.20.45 [BluOS team aware]

Strange I just got this

Hello Phil,

Thank you for contacting the NAD Electronics Support Crew regarding your ROON issue.

I can alleviate this Roon problem for you but it has some constraints due to the nature of the other problem you’re encountering.

I can get Roon back up and running for you, but if you Factory Reset your player(after) you accept the upgrade for 3.20.45, then the same Roon behavior will occur again(as we’ve reproduced this in our lab as a result of the reports we’ve received).

Not all support personnel are created equal.:rofl:
Bluesound have stated it’s their issue and it’s across all the ranges. You can roll back to .25 then upgrade .45 which will retain roon but you can’t do a factory reset.

1 Like

My issue was I’d missed this issue and they had requested me to do a factory reset to see if it fixed another issue :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Annoying to say the least.

My Bluesound Node 2is have only had three issues in three years and each time was after a firmware update and a factory reset corrected the issue created by the firmware update. What a Catch 22!

For the case of the Dali Soundhub which is an uncertfied device regardless if was let through via Roons Grandfather clause anyone else who bought one after the deadline doesnt get Roon, so BluOS are likely protecting themselves here as its not a proper Roon certified hardware for what ever reasons. Dali didnt want to carry it through the full certifiction process so I guess it is not there place to mess with that side. BluOS itsefl works fine. If it was a certified product you likely would get a different response. Its bureaucratic redtape and looks like passing the buck but they will be following some policy somewhere about Roon cerififcation I imagine, they already have admitted its there end. Likely you need Roon tintervene to pass the redtape and to get them to move forward.

I am a very unhappy NAD/ROON user: after investing heavily on ROON ready gear to have these 2 companies blaming this on each other initially spoke volumes to me, and how did NAD release firmware that broke ROON: don’t they test it? Is ROON ready not important to NAD anymore?
Shame on both companies for letting this happen, and for letting it go on this long: I will sell my NAD M50.2 and ROON Nucleus and look for something simpler/more releiable

1 Like

I don’t see any indication of two companies blaming each other.

If you are referring to this post there seems to have been one single low-level support person referring the user to Roon, probably not being up to date.

I’m feeling exactly as you. My C399/BluOS is on SAT because the subwoofer ‘bumps’. I suspect that it will return with the problem and without working with Roon. Probably, they will reset it.

So I will sell both too and I will not return to NAD/BluOS anymore.

First was my Bluesound Node that I returned because after an update, the lights turned crazy. I replaced it with the C399/BluOS module.

This is not the first time they break something with an update. When I update from 3.20.25 to 3.20.28 they brick my unit. This update was retired because this problem.

It was quite difficult to return it to .25.

The update 3.20.45 was quickly replaced with 3.20.46 because another problem.

And now this… and I’ve only been a BluOS user for 3 months…

1 Like

Yet to add balance BluOS is fab here when ROON is having a fit.

1 Like

I’ve had my BluSound/Roon challenges, but not this one. Roon and BluOS are fully up to date and my M10 and Pulse Flex’ are working perfectly with Roon. Good luck all.

2 Likes

Happy to report NAD fixed my issue: ROON has been restored.
I requested a remote session and they asked for IP address of the NAD, and a code generated by the player. Within a few minutes my unit went through the downgrade process. Then they told me to allow the firmware to update back up to 3.20.45 again: did that and ROON is still good. Good NAD support

Can someone summarize the state of this issue? I have a number of Nodes which, to date, haven’t been impacted. They’re all running 3.20.45. I follow this thread because I have the impression that if I look at them sideways, they’ll drop from Roon.

What’s the state of affairs here? Does the issue only occur on a factory reset? Has Bluesound/Roon/NAD done anything to address the issue other than helping people downgrade?

If there is an actual outstanding issue, is the root cause understood enough to clarify whether the issue is BluOS, Roon, or both?

AFAIK, the problem is that if you do a factory reset now, they will lose Roon. As long as you do not, it should be fine. The problem is (as usual :slightly_frowning_face: ) with BluOS code, and supposedly they are working on it. Maybe will get fixed in the next release.

1 Like

Yes. The factory reset triggers the issue after the update to 3.20.45.
In my case I followed Bluesound support’s advice after a failed update left 4 or 5 of my BluOS devices inoperable with red light on indicating ‘upgrade mode’. The standard fix for this is a factory reset and wired update. Once this was complete these devices disappeared from Roon.

Following advice from this forum I was able to download earlier firmware from the German site which restored the devices in Roon. I then updated each one to 3.20.45 and they’ve been fine since.

1 Like

I can attest that this solution does resolve the Roon ready device (Node 130) issue. The most recent firmware is likely the problem. This FW also creates connectivity issues–the node is not discoverable thru the Blueos app. I’ve had no issues since the roll back to 3.20.25 so far (4/10/23).

I should’ve stated that the solution is to get bluesound to do a link up session to roll back the firmware. See the post below.

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Win 10 Home

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Velop mesh network

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Since a hard reset of the Node N100 Roon doesn’t show me the option to select the Bluesound N100.
I have a M30 and a pulse flex and they show up nicely and are working perfect.
What can I do to be able to select the N100 again from Roon.
I now only can use the N100 with the Bluesound app and that s*cks!

Known issue with the latest Bluesound firmware apparently after a factory reset, caused by Bluesound, they are working on it. Further down in this thread there are workarounds by installing an older firmware. I guess it might also be possible to use Airplay for the time being.

1 Like

See if you can get it to return a linkup code as below, If this unit does you maybe able to get Bluesound to roll back the firmware via the support site.

Enter the following URL command below on a web browser (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge) for your NODE.

IP-Address-Of-Player /linkup

Replace IP-Address-Of-Player with the actual IP address of the BluOS Player, such as 192.168.0.145/linkup

1 Like

Thank you for your help.
I asked Bluesound. Hopefully they will respond soon.