Can’t find Roon Core Server

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Lampizator / SuperKomputer (basically an audio enhanced Linux box)

Roon 1.7, Build 537

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ATT Fiber, into a ubiquity network with controllers and three WAPs

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Ethernet to computer and then USB to DAC

Description Of Issue

I just moved into this house, so the network And ubiquity system is new to me. It worked perfectly for about 8 hours and now, when I try to play music via Roon, I get a “can’t find Roon core” message after hearing a couple of seconds of music > then, I reconnect to the core and try again and get the same result. Happens again and again. I have rebooted the computer and the switch and the DAC multiple times to no avail. Maybe Roon was updated during those 8 hours, or ATT updated the modem firmware or ubiquity updated the firmware somewhere in the system, but I have no idea why it would have worked initially and now won’t work at all.

Not sure if there’s a port I need to open or broadcast/multicast setting I need to flip or what (and I don’t know what those words mean - I’ve just read them multiple times in trying to figure this out).

Thanks in advance. About to pull out the little hair I have left over this.

Hi, @James_Harvey, sorry to hear about your troubles. Could you, please, follow these instructions and share log files from your Core machine with our support team? You can do it via Google Drive/Dropbox link or if that does not work for you, we can find are more convenient method.

Thanks!

Ivan

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nucleus does not read the hd

A post was split to a new topic: When i attempt to open Roon i get a message that the Nucleus Server cannot be found

Hello @James_Harvey, just checking in to see if you’ve had a chance to capture the logs Ivan was requesting. If you need help doing this please let me know!

I deleted and reinstalled Roon and that appears to have eliminated the problem (fingers crossed). I had to reindex all of my stored music, but not a big deal in exchange for a working streamer.

Spoke too soon and Roon has gone to basically unusable for me. When I play a new song, roon will lose the server (which is a linux box). Unbelievably frustrating. Here are the logs: https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/5EfIRpQAMb0D6RSrPnmKkr5iRVwS8KBhFO4NP3xJuPE

Hello @James_Harvey, thanks for providing the logs, I’ve sent them over to the team for further analysis! Also, if you haven’t already, could you please update to 571 and see if this issue still occurs? Thanks.