Can't find roon ready devices

Yes, System Output is the only play option on the PC running core. ROON plays on that PC. Android phone-app offers System Output or phone. Settings/Setup/Configure loops forever on both PC running core and Android phone running ROON app.

I have Version 4 (Build 310) stable (64 bit) as core on the only PC that has ROON installed.

The PC running core is a Dell AIO XPS 2720 with four Intel i7 processors.

Ron

Hi @Ron_Bierman1 ----- Thank you for the follow up, the insight is appreciated!

Continuing forward, may I kindly ask you to please use the instructions found here to send me an update set of your ā€œRoonā€ logs from the PC currently hosting your Roon core (i.e Dell AIO XPS 2720).

Additionally, after you have provided the logs I would like to have you perform the following tests to see if we can trigger a change in behavior with your Roon core:

TEST #1 - ā€œNew RAATServer folderā€:

• Before anything please make a backup of your current Roon DB.
  • Next please close the application on your core machine and any active Roon remote devices.
  • Locate your ā€œRAATServerā€ folder which is going to be found in the same directory as your Roon database.
  • Rename the entire ā€œRAATServerā€ folder to RAATServer_old
  • Relaunch the application on the core machine and verify if it sees any of the network endpoints.

[Note: Do not delete the RAATServer_old folder]

TEST #2 - "Different Roon core:

• You should have already made a backup of your Roon DB from the previous test so no need to re-run that process again.

• As before close all active instances of Roon (i.e the current core machine and remote devices).

• Enable your Roon core on another desktop or laptop computer and verify what the experience is like with your network based endpoints.

-Eric

During both of the above troubleshooting exercises there should be no firewalls or antivirus application any devices. If you happen to be making use of a VPN I would bring this offline as well during this process

Eric,

This is link to log (removed by support). Tests timing TBD. First please let me know if the logs show anything interesting. They didnā€™t last time. Neither did running without Norton on Android and Windows, which Iā€™m not overly fond of doing.

Ron

Hi @Ron_Bierman1 ---- Thank you for the follow up. Confirming that the logs have been received.

I am going to be attaching them to your ticket for review by one our tech team members and as soon as they have shared their feedback with me I will be sure touch base again ASAP. Please do let me know what is observed when you try the proposed tests above.

-Eric

Hi @Ron_Bierman1 ---- Thank you again for your patience here. I have been going through all of open ā€œpre v1.5ā€ tickets and had a chance to catch up with our tech who has been handling yours.

First, I wanted to touch base and check in to see if anything has changed in way of how your endpoints are performing after taking the updated to v1.5. Are your endpoints still not being seen by Roon? Does Windows still see them?

Secondly, based on the conversation we had, he mentioned that he is noticing numerous traces in your logs (i.e ā€œdisconnectingā€ / ā€œre-connectingā€ warnings of devices) that would seem to indicate an issue occurring in your environment, which he believes in turn could be having influence on this behavior you are experiencing inside, and outside of Roon.

If things are still in the same state, I would still like to know the outcome of the proposed tests mentioned in my previous here.

Looking forward to your feedback!
-Eric

@eric,

When I tried to reply to your last email, my message bounced, so Iā€™m repeating what I said here------

Thanks for checking, Eric. Enjoy your vacation.

Crossing fingers insufficient correction. Lost all devices again when I terminated core and then reopened. It worked again after I uninstalled everything and reloaded a second time.

Still works this morning on Node 2 connected by Ethernet, but I still havenā€™t checked receiver which hasnā€™t been on today and connects via lower band WiFi to router. Iā€™m looking at ways to run Ethernet to receiver, which Iā€™ve wanted to do independent of ROON anyway.

Disconnects may have begun yesterday when receiver came on line for TV and I was playing on Node 2? Iā€™ll experiment that way, but probably not today.

BTW, I also had to uninstall and reinstall ROON phone app before it saw anything yesterday. This morning it doesnā€™t see Node, and I havenā€™t tried uninstalling and reloading app again.

Ron

Hi @Ron_Bierman1 ----- Thank you for follow up!

So just to make sure I am understanding your observations correctly. You started with a fresh install and right away all devices were discovered and accessible by Roon. However, after you had shut down the device hosting your core and then brought it back online you were faced the same issue as before and the audio zones were not present, correct?

I had a long meeting with our tech team yesterday about this issue you are experiencing and they have provide insight on how I should proceed forward with you here. However before we continue, I want to first check in on what the current state of your Roon setup is. This will give me an idea as to where to start in regard to the feedback provided by the team.

-Eric

Even on a complete reinstall, Iā€™m not seeing the NAD receiver. The Android app doesnā€™t see it either, even after I also reinstalled it and loaded the latest NAD update today.

Android app and ROON core on PC have both been seeing the Node 2 since the second set of reinstalls, a few days ago, so Iā€™m able to listen to ROON and Tidal with the Node connected through hard-wired Ethernet to router via Onkyo receiver. (That receiver isnā€™t ROON-ready.)

Again, the difference is that the NAD receiver is on a lower-speed WiFi band from the same Netgear Nighthawk router. That band works fine for things like video streaming Netflix, usually even in Blu-ray.

Ron

Hi @Ron_Bierman1 ā€” Thank you for the follow up, itā€™s good to hear from you!

Ok, so the NAD T758 V3 is the device that is not being seen by the application currently. I am assuming that T758 is being seen by the Bluesound application, is this correct? Furthermore, during your troubleshooting of this behavior with the T758 have you tried working with it on the stronger WiFi band?

-Eric

Bluesound has always seen the T758. I regularly listen to ā€œFavoriteā€ radio stations via Bluesound. The Bluesound Android phone app also sees the receiver.

I tried to configure the receiver on the faster band when I first got it, but had to switch to the lower band when it wouldnā€™t operate on the higher. I havenā€™t tried it since, though I have done several T758 updates. Thereā€™s an LG TV a bit further from the router that operates on either band.

Maybe RAATServer (not a mellifluos acronym) is only checking one band when there are two on a router? Weā€™re seeing connect-disconnects because it connects to the high band, doesnā€™t see the receiver, or anything else ROON-ready, and disconnects rather than trying the 2nd band?

Ron

Eric,

I got the long message from Mike. Thanks for sort of escalating. I just paged through this string. It has been going on for quite a while, and Iā€™m not up for further experiments. Iā€™ve been using the Node 2 without problems for a few weeks. It is connected to an Onkyo receiver, which is on Ethernet to NetGear router sitting next to Dell PC with ROON core. The PC is Ethernet to same router. The Android ROON app on Samsung phone also sees the Node 2. I have been keeping current with updates on all devices, and have no idea which, if any, apparently produced stable connection to Node 2.

I havenā€™t seen the NAD T758 V3 receiver on the Android app or from core for months no matter what I updated or removed and reinstalled. On the other hand, I havenā€™t had any problems in a year using the receiver with Blusound or Spotify, nor with the Blusound and Spotify Android apps. Nor have I had any other problems on the network with the software on any of nine devices that depend on the router to access each other and the Internet. The high def TV furthest from the router doesnā€™t even experience visible feed delays with HD from Netflix via WiFi.

This may be some dumb thing Iā€™m doing or not doing, a quirk in my configuration, or a bug in ROON networking software (the only software that experiences the problem and on both the latest operating system releases for Windows 10 and Android.) Itā€™s disappointing that ROON logs havenā€™t narrowed down the problem source.

Other than continuing to do all updates for all related software and devices, Iā€™m not going to spend any more time on this for a while.

Ron

PS,

TIDAL also works with anything on the network, and so does a stereo clock radio, the just added tenth network device.

Ron

A post was split to a new topic: NAD T758 V3 listed as ā€œuncertifiedā€