in my database, 2720 album ad 36000 tracks
to correct I need every time to recreate the database to be able to reconnect
I test it on synology NAS and QNAP, it’s the same
My network is very simple
switch HP 24 ports unmanageable
Roon 1.6 annd same thing with 1.5

can you please help me
Regards

Flagging @support for you. But you should detail more about your hardware and network as noted here

Hi @Christophe_Hinard,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Do you receive any errors? If so, what error message do you see?

No error message
just the blank screen with roon logo
if i select open another core, i have the choice to connect on my core
i have the green led on rady core
but nothing
Blanck screen logo

client roon windows 7
core on synology DS415+
switch HP 1810-24G

Hi @Christophe_Hinard,

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Does this issue occur if you try to connect with a different remote device?

Hi
yes
if core not avaible by Windows remote all the remote are off too
i just restart core now
regards

Thanks, @Christophe_Hinard.

The diagnostics report came in and I’ve passed it along to the team for analysis. I’ll let you know ASAP when I receive their feedback.

Hi @Christophe_Hinard,

I just received an update from the team. This behavior seems to be stemming from the following file:

Music/flac/Levine/Parsifal Bayreuth 1985/4-11 Act 3. Ja, Wehe! Weh_ über mich.aiff

Can you try moving this file outside of the Roon watched folder (please don’t delete it) and let me know if you experience the same issue?

I made the change
now wait and see
regards

Hi all
same problem tonight
I can not connect to core anymore
i restart nas but same thing
blank screen with animate roon logo
greeee

Hi @Christophe_Hinard,

Sorry to hear you’re still having trouble here! I’ve enabled diagnostics once more so the team can take a look — there may be other files that are causing the same behavior.

Music/flac/Levine/Parsifal Bayreuth 1985/4-11 Act 3. Ja, Wehe! Weh_ über mich.aiff

The file mentioned above — would you be willing to share this with us so the team can take a closer look? Ideally, you can zip up the file and send me a private message containing a shared dropbox link. If you don’t have Dropbox or need another way to send the media, just let me know.

send me your private mail
regards

@Christophe_Hinard — PM Sent

did you receive ?

Hi @Christophe_Hinard,

I just had a chat with the team about this and wanted to reach out with an update. We have opened a ticket with our development team regarding the file that was causing Roon to crash.

The team also looked into your most recent diagnostics report, but they’re not seeing the same behavior that you previously were reporting. Are you still experiencing the same exact issue as before, or is there something else occurring now?

Hi @Christophe_Hinard,

We’ve recently released Roon 1.7 (Build 521) which includes changes that should improve this behavior. Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs