šŸ‡©šŸ‡Ŗ German Translation: Fine tuning

Hi all,
whilst the Roon User Interface seems to be pretty complete, all menu entries of the macOS application seemingly havenā€™t been translated yet.

Iā€™m not sure if this is the right place, hoping so, please find the correct strings below.

English

Roon

• About Roon
  • Preferences ā€¦
  • Services
  • Hide Roon
  • Hide Others
  • Show All
  • Quit Roon

Edit

• Undo
  • Redo
  • Cut
  • Copy
  • Paste
  • Delete
  • Select All
  • Start Dictation
  • Emoji & Symbols

View

• Enter Full Screen

Window

• Close
  • Minimize
  • Zoom
  • Tile Window to Left of Screen
  • Tile Window to Right of Screen

Roon

• Help
  • Search
  • Send Roon Feedback to Apple
  • Roon Help

German

Roon

• Ɯber Roon
  • Einstellungen ā€¦
  • Dienste
  • Roon ausblenden
  • Andere ausblenden
  • Alle einblenden
  • Roon beenden

Bearbeiten

• Eingeben widerrufen
  • Wiederholen
  • Ausschneiden
  • Kopieren
  • Einsetzen
  • Lƶschen
  • Alles auswƤhlen
  • Diktat starten
  • Emoji & Symbols

Darstellung

• Vollbildmodus
  • Fenster
  • SchlieƟen
  • Im Dock ablegen
  • Zoomen
  • Fenster auf der linken Bildschirmseite anordnen
  • Fenster auf der rechten Bildschirmseite anordnen

Roon

• Hilfe
  • Suchen nach
  • Roon Feedback an Apple senden
  • Roon-Hilfe
3 Likes

Thatā€™s weird. The German language is 100% translated.
But this seems to be a macOS specific problem.

Iā€™m using an emulated Windows version and Android devices, so I canā€™t check or confirm this.

Maybe other @TranslationAdmins can help here?

The Mac menu is also in English with the Dutch language version of Roon. Thatā€™s strange because I have the Dutch MacOS version. I think Roon staff has to do something with this because all other apps on my Mac do have a Dutch menu (except apps in English).
So I think macOS sees Roon as an English language app despite being translated into German, Dutch, etc.
@noris

3 Likes

In the Polish version of Roon, the menu in macOS is English. Polish is my primary language.

2 Likes

Hi @iThore , please what is your Mac Language & Region setting? Do you have DUtch as the primary language? Cheers, Tom

1 Like

Hi @Tomas_Honzak ,
the region settings on my Mac are set to German (the preferred language is set to German (ā€œDeutschā€), the region is set to Germany (ā€œDeutschlandā€)).

Thus, I do not have Dutch set as the primary language.

Based on the feedback by @Jan_Willem and @Tomasz_Czubkowski , it seems to me as if the Roon application currently either ignores the Mac language settings, or does not contain the correct translated strings in the respective languages and therefor falls back to English as the standard setting.

@florib I have done a quick test - switching the Roon language to German and setting my primary language in the MacOS to German and rebooted - the application menu remained in English, so this seems to me to be a bug. Given that the Roon application itself does not use hardly any system components (Electron application or something simiar?) it is probably some issue in the Mac buildā€¦

Sorry, I got a bit confused where exactly I am responding. I have tested on my system and unfortunately can only confirm it is a bug - suggest to report it through support

1 Like

Thank you @Tomas_Honzak ,
no worries.

With the confirmation, weā€™re one step further, Iā€™ll be happy to report it and refer to this thread.

Update: Raised issue to Support, please see Roon macOS application (1.8 build 795) ignores macOS region settings, alway shows menu entries in English language

1 Like

Hi All,

Thanks for the reports regarding this, I will bring this up with the team.
As per policy, I canā€™t comment on any timelines, but thanks again for flagging this!

2 Likes

Better raise that with your equipment manufacturer - has nothing to do with Roon, Iā€™d sayā€¦

1 Like

Sorry - was in the wrong forum - both look the same. posted it there - thx

A post was merged into an existing topic: Strings Missing From Roon App - Report Them Here!

Continuing from this thread:

Would you prefer ā€œRockmusikā€ as the translation of ā€œRockā€ or would you simply leave it as it is?
(and how about Soul, Rap,ā€¦?)

I would DEFINITELY prefer ā€œRockā€, ā€œSoulā€, ā€œBluesā€ ā€¦ no additional ā€œMusikā€ !

4 Likes

+1 without ā€œMusikā€
but mainly no ā€œVormttiags-Popā€, ā€œblauƤugiger Soulā€ and ā€œWurzel-Rockā€ anymore :smile:

2 Likes

Donā€™t worry, I took care of these.

1 Like

I removed -Musik from hundreds of genres, I think. Iā€™m 1/3 through the lot. In some cases it made sense or there was no other good way, so I left it. But most of the time itā€™s redundant because yeah of course itā€™s music. Or the other way around, when adding -Musik, where does it stop? One could say Rock-Musik as well, of course, which is silly as was pointed out above. So better to leave it out wherever possible rather than adding -Musik to thousands of Genres

1 Like

I was disappointed when I can across them :wink: But I had the honor to fix Riot Grrrl being translated as Krawall :joy:

Changing all these countries go German names and possessives is killing me but I am refreshing a lot of lost geographic knowledge on Wikipedia, so thatā€™s good

1 Like

Youā€˜re a hero without a cape.
I had to return to family duties after several hundreds of entries and a chance to refresh my knowledge of different types of classical music and their respective plural forms. Good times.

1 Like