Hi Res 192khz is not playing, 96 khz and lower are playing fine

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10, Roon B528.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Kef ls50w

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi Res 192 khz thru Qobuz is not playing but 96khz and lower are playing fine. It’s baffling me, can anyone help?

Hi @dan

I believe you need to connect then to each other with an Ethernet cable to get 24/192

Thanks, but they already are connected.

Are these the MK1s?

Do they show up in Audio settings as Roon Tested only?

They were playing fine after roon fixed their last hi
resolution problems between Qobuz and roon . Now it sounds like they are skipping across vinyl not being able to consistently stream.

They are in the roon tested section of my audio.

They are mk1

Might be worth having a read through this thread in case something helps.

Completely outdated and unsupported therefore, I guess. Please show at least a screenshot of your signal path so helpers can see where a potential sample rate conversion takes place. You can also search the forum for a possible solution – it seems to be sort of an FAQ. For example:

There are even more.

In the worst case, your speakers are faulty and need to be replaced.

Thanks for your suggestions which I went thru but I have been able to play 192khz files for years on roon When I use my Tidal account thru roon it still play fine at 192khz.l My issue is when using Qobuz thru roon that the breakdown occurs.

If only Qobuz is affected, please check your streaming settings for Qobuz:

My Qobuz is set for 192khz streaming and was working a week ago, I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same difficulty in the last week like myself with Qobuz thru Roon.

They previously did a fix in April that worked things out, does anybody know if they are working on this problem again or is it something else?

Are you a Qobuz Canada subscriber? You might want to look into the thread linked below if so:

Hi again, my bit rate displays correctly and I was able to play 192khz files up to last week. The previous problem in April has been resolved. They shut down the hi res service for a few days and when it was reinstated the bit rate was improperly listed yet the 192 khz file played even though it was rated at 44.1 this is a different situation I’m undergoing at this point. Thanks.

This is for anyone who may enter this thread. I have disabled Qobuz and I’m sticking with Tidal so I can enjoy 192khz resolution again. I will miss the complete Zappa and Neil Ypung in 192KHZ that Qobus provided but the service seemed to glitchy for me. Thanks to those who provided input

Keep on Rockin’

You have been asked these two questions:

1. Are you in Canada?
  2. Provide a screen shot of your signal path in Roon.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.