How to explore/discover albums by ratings not from my library?

Worth looking to see if you can find an existing / open request first.

If not some ideas…

1/ Browse->Filter
Simply implementing a new ‘Browse->Filter’ page/view that allowed you to filter the complete Tidal/Qobuz catalogue via ‘focus’, much like My Library->Albums currently view works would seem the simplest option. Although you’d probably want to make some visual distinction or else new users might get confused as to why there were two such similar looking / functioning pages.

2/ Browse->Genre->Electronic
Another good place for this kind of functionality might be on the Roon Browse->Genre pages themselves, as you normally have some idea of what top level genre you might want to start filtering by.

3/ Browse->Qobuz
Roon could also add an option to allow users to toggle between the (current) basic ‘genre’ filter and the fuller normal ‘focus’ feature on the current Qobuz ‘new releases/picks’ page.

Currently the Qobuz section in Roon only shows new releases, playlists and editorial picks from Qobuz, but no reason a new tab for the full catalogue there as well.

New top level tab / view for full catalogue?

Toggle between browser genre and focus?

Existing requests

This request sort of covers the functionality you describe, but it’s within the context of a particular artists discography, rather than a the complete Qobuz.Tidal category or a particular genre.

Tangentially, I suggested adding sub-genres to the Qobuz browse interface as a partial solution to this issue. Although that’s more a way of filtering down the new releases and editorial picks.

There’s also an open request to allow filtering of Tidal/Qobuz by label, which is now almost 5 years old, with over 110 votes.

In short, I wouldn’t hold your breath, but no harm in adding your vote/voice.

My guess is that we’ll start to see more natural language based interfaces for pulling back selections of albums/tracks ie. “Return me a list of albums similar to X that were produced in the 19XX and were well regarded by the alternative music press”. Not just in Roon, but in any product offering discovery features and the absence of such features will eventually be seen as a sign that a product is losing its competitive edge to the competition.

Although personally I am still a fan of browsing/filtering/faceting, if done well with useful facets like aggregate ratings (from quality sources), picks/highlights (again from quality sources) and well thought-out / nested sub-genres.