I need help getting Roon ARC working

Roon Server Machine

Mac Mini M2 Pro

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ubiquiti Edgeroter

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I recently bought an ONT to remove the router from the operator that I used only as a modem, and it didn’t help, I still can’t use the ARC, I opened the ports on the router but it didn’t solve it, I exhausted my ability to solve the problem, I would need help from the support, so that, if possible, they could access my network through a machine remotely to solve the case.

I await your response, thank you.

What’s the error message in Roon > Settings > Roon ARC?

I get this feedback:

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“201.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

I have already opened port 55000 and activated ubnt mode on the router, without success.

If you only have the one router (or the other set to modem mode), the most likely remaining cause is that your IPS has you on CG-NAT or similar. Who is your ISP?

The link from this screenshot:

2 Likes

I live in Brazil, my operator is Vivo.

Yes, I only have 1 router. Is there no way for someone from support to remotely access one of my machines and check whether my network is properly configured?

Hi @luiz_antonio_budel_j,

If you only have one router, you will need to access the web administration settings page for that router and find a section called “port forwarding” or equivalent. There, you should be able to create a TCP port forwarding rule using the IP address and Port Number listed in Roon → Settings → ARC.

The variations of router settings are too broad for us to catalog fully, but if you’re not sure how to access your router settings page, your service provider should have instructions on their website.

If you continue to have issues after trying a manual port forwarding rule, then the problem is likely your service provider and not your local network or RoonServer port forwarding configuration.

You’ll need to reach out to Vivo directly and inquire whether a dedicated public IP address is available, or whether they have alternative solutions for users who wish to port forward for media.

Thank you Conor, I already got it working, I enabled UPNP correctly and it worked.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.