iPhone app crashing constantly

The iPhone app is crashing constantly for me, literally every few minutes this evening.

Build 790 on both app and server. iPhone Xs, iOS 14.4.2

Hello @matt , I’ve split out your post to its own support topic…

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Thanks Brian

Roon core build 790 running on Intel NUC i3 Gen 8 with 16GB RAM. OS and Roon database on an SSD, music files on a USB3 drive. Tidal and Qobuz both connected. About 50K tracks in my library, mostly on disc

Roon bridge build 751 running on a Raspberry Pi 4 over wifi, connected to an ifi iDSD signature via USB3

iOS App build 790 on an iPhone Xs, iOS 14.4.2

The core and bridge seem completely stable, no dropouts or problems while controlling playback from my Mac or from an iPad Air gen 3.

The iPhone app has been crashing frequently. I can’t identify any particular action that causes it to crash, sometimes it crashes when I’m not interacting with it. It crashes every few minutes.

When I say “crash”, specifically what happens is that app closes while I am using it and I’m returned to the iPhone home screen. The app does still appear in the iOS task list, but when I return to it I get the Roon logo as if I’d just started it up.

Restarting the phone has not helped.

After posting this it occurred to me I hadn’t tried uninstalling and reinstalling the iOS app. I’ve done that and it seems to be stable now. I’ll update if the crashing returns.

No more crashes so it looks like uninstalling and reinstalling has fixed the problem

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.