iPhone DAC lost connection when screen goes off

Hi,

I am using my iPhone DAC, all is Ok but when the iPhone screen goes black, it loses connection any idea?

Thanks

Hi @Jorge_Aubel,

Can you please use this thread to provide some more information regarding your setup here?

Specifically:

• What Core are you using?
  • What is the DAC model/manufacturer?
  • What kind of adapter are you using to send the audio, is it the official apple one?
  • Does this behavior occur across multiple iOS devices?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi here the answers….

• What Core are you using? :  iMac mid 2010
• What is the DAC model/manufacturer? : Dac is a USB Monolith Factory MonoPrice. https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=29512
• What kind of adapter are you using to send the audio, is it the official apple one? , Yes the oficial USB Camera 3.0 
• Does this behavior occur across multiple iOS devices?  : I am only use 1 Iphone X,

Video problem lost Iphone X

Hi @Jorge_Aubel,

Thank you for uploading that video. I spoke to the QA team regarding your findings and they have noted that this is expected behavior when there is no music playing to the iOS zone.

If you close the screen while there is no music playing, iOS “suspends” the Roon App and it does not show up anymore on the Roon Remote side.

If you want to keep control of that zone, you would need to start playback first. Once playback has been started, you should not lose control after locking the screen. Hope this helps!

– Noris