Issue with Scratchy Noises and Skipping Tracks in Roon after Update to Build 1388 (ref#QAL7XT)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

Roon skips through tracks rapidly

When hitting play, i hear scratchy noises for 1-2 seconds, then Roon skips to next track - then scratchy noises for 1-2 seconds, Roon skips to next track etc etc. This did not happen before i updated to build 1388. I rebooted my Nucleus+, but same thing happens.

the time i tried this, was playing back songs in Tidal. I now tried choosing songs I have on the harddrive. They played fine. Then I switched back to playing songs from Tidal, and it’s all playing fine now.

Beats me what was the issue, but seems to be good now :grinning: :pray:

1 Like

yeah, i tend to get excited too quickly…it is better now, as I can hear music for a few tracks now, but then comes the high scratchy sounds, Roon skips to next track, and then there is music for a few tracks, and then the issue reappears… :upside_down_face:

Please someone, can anyone assist with this?
the issue persists, sometimes i can play 3-4 tracks without the issue, but sometimes it just keeps persisting, and I am not able to play anything.

The scratchy noises sound something like music playing fast forwarded in 30x times, and lasts for about 1 second - after which Roon skips to next song, and then the scratchy noises come - Roon skips to next song etc etc etc., and not there is just silence while the Roon shows a song being in play mode, but the progress bar is not moving.

My nucleus+ is directly plugged into the router. I have a Naim qbe, and to blusound speakers - all of the speakers are connected with ethernet. So a very simple set up. Please help. thanks.

If the error occurs again, would you please take a screenshot of the signal path of the affected track playing and post it here. Thank you.

Also, please post a screenshot of your Nucleus web administration interface:

i am in Nepal, and have noticed a bit sketchy internet the last week or so, but only on certain devices

I have never seen this type of conversion. But I don’t use tidal and I haven’t encountered a lossy file of this type yet.
Perhaps the issue is due to a missing ffmpeg codec?

@Jesper_Skovlund
You could check the streaming quality you have set under Services > Settings > Tidal?
Only for Qobuz here:

thanks so much @Axel_Lesch . I have no idea why the settings in there had been lowered to low quality - but nevertheless setting it back to high did the trick! thank you!

1 Like

Glad to hear this :slight_smile:
Enjoy the music!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.