Missing album art

Greetings,

I recently have started having an issue with Roon and metadata. Specifically, some album covers that were visible are now black. I have tried reidentifying the album, editing the metadata preferences, forcing a rescan, etc. I have confirmed there is a .jpg image in the folder containing the music, so that is not the problem.

I do notice that when I pick an album, Roon shows (2) images, even though there is only (1) in the actual file folder. In all cases, when I click on the image icon to take a look, the first image is always ā€œblackā€ (empty). The second image is the correct .jpg. However, I canā€™t find any way to delete the ā€œblackā€ image, or at minimum make the correct .jpg the primary one.

Itā€™s as if the database is corrupt, although everything else is working correctly.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Martin

I seem to recall this was noted in the past but not sure if a new release has transpired since then.

@support should jog somebodyā€™s memory I hope.

Maybe this is close to the issue being seen or maybe not

Iā€™m having the same problems with some covers

Just to add something, Iā€™ve found that restoring to a recent backup solves the problem for a few days, but more sooner than later I get again the black covers it seems to be always the same covers, but I havenā€™t found a pattern, as there are tidal and local files involved, and from different locations as well

Thanks for the replies so far. I am hopeful someone can resolve this issue.

A couple of other items:

1. I am running an HP i7 64 bit with Windows 10 Professional.

2. I have tried deleting all of my library folder locations, and cleaning up both the library and the image cache and then reimporting the library. The problem still exists.

3. In Settings, my default is set to have Roon use the image from the folder where the music actually resides as the primary image.

I have also attached a picture as an example. In this picture, you can see that the large picture is ā€œblackā€ (missing). Right above the mouse pointer you can also see that according to Roon there are two images, and if you look down at the bottom of the picture you will, in fact, see the two images. The first one is blank and the second one is the correct .jpg file located in the folder where the music actually resides. Unfortunately, I do know of any way to delete the first blank image so that the correct one will show.

FYI, this problem does not occur on every item - just selected ones.

Thank you,

Martin

Greetings,

I am fairly new to the process of reporting a bug, so perhaps I am not following the correct protocol. To date, the only information I am clear on is that others (not sure how many) are also having the same issue, but not much else. I fully realize that issues like this donā€™t always get solved over night. However, unless I am missing something, I donā€™t see any reply or acknowledgement from Roon support and thus am uncertain what to do next to move the issue along.

I donā€™t want this post to sound ungrateful. I am hoping someone might comment to help me understand the whole process, since it appears that I cannot actually contact support directly.

Thank you,

Martin

@Martin_Levine the boys @support will chime in Iā€™m sure when they figure out the issue and if this is a new or related issue to something known or not.

Given that they are all getting back on top of a new product release and returning from a major show, it might not be in line with the usual timing one often gets.

Playing the @ support (no space) is the best way to attract a flagging for the guys on the topic at hand. This I have done once more in my post just so they can put a word in here :sunglasses:

Thanks for the heads up. I did not give much thought to possible issues surrounding the new version and/or the Munich show. Iā€™ll just hang tight and see what transpires.

I also appreciate the info on the ā€œ@ supportā€ notation. I will definitely keep that in mind.

And again, thanks for your for your efforts.

Kind regards,

Martin

@support

Greetings, I posed a question regarding a problem I am having with album art approximately 2 weeks ago. As far as I can tell, no one from support has yet to respond. What am I missing or doing wrong? I would like to see about getting my issue addressed in some fashion. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Martin

@support

Greetings,

How do I get Roon support to at least acknowledge my issue?

Thank you,

Martin

Hi @Martin_Levine ---- Thank you for the report and my SINCERE apologies for the long wait here.

In the interest of getting this resolved for you, may I very kindly ask you for the following information:

1. I see from one of your previous posts that your Roon core is being hosted on an HP i7. May I very kindly, ask you to please expand on this description and provide the details of your current setup as seen here.

2. Just to confirm, are you noticing this same behavior (i.e ā€œblackā€ album art) on any remote devices as well?

3. Can you please follow the instructions found here and dump us a set of logs from the HP i7 device hosting your roon core.

-Eric

Hello, Ericā€¦thank you for the reply.

Here is some information that might help you troubleshoot my problem:

1. Computer is HP ā€˜Envyā€™ i7-3770 64 Bit desktop model with 4GB RAM
  2. This computer is used for music only. I have another computer for general use
  3. Operating system is Windows 10 Pro
  4. Music is stored on a Synology 1813 ā€˜NASā€™ drive
  5. Everything is ā€œhard wiredā€ - no wireless
  6. Router is Netgear ā€˜R6300ā€™
  7. Network cabling is connected through a Netgear ā€˜GS116ā€™ 16 port switch
  8. Library is approximately 31,000 tracks
  9. Roon version is 1.3 (build 234) stable
  10. I am having no network issues
  11. I also do have this problem on the iPad I use as a remote
  12. The missing art work is only for a smaller percentage of the files - not all of them
  13. All files are either uncompressed .FLAC or .DSF
  14. All of my album art is identified as ā€œfolder.jpgā€, and located in the folder where the music resides
  15. This problem has only started approximately 6-8 weeks ago. Until then, no issuesā€¦

I have zipped the log files, but I do not have access to a Dropbox account. How can I send them to you directly?

Hopefully, the above listed information will help in your diagnostic efforts. Please let me know if you need any other information. I am appreciative of your time and efforts.

Thank you,

Martin

Hi @Martin_Levine ----- Thank you for the follow up and providing the requested information, very appreciated!

You can upload the logs here using the word alpha for both the username/password. Please just be sure to include your username in the package title and to let us know when the transfer has completed.

-Eric

@support

Greetings, Ericā€¦

Iā€™ve uploaded my log files. Here is my requested information: Martin_Levine (mlhotts).7z

Hopefully, they will be of some help in determining the cause of my little mystery.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards,

Martin Levine

1 Like

Hi @Martin_Levine ---- Thank you for the follow up! Confirming that the logs have been received and are in our queue to be evaluated by a member of our tech team.

Once my report has been updated and passed back, I will be sure to follow up promptly with the teamā€™s thoughts/findings.

-Eric

Hi @Martin_Levine ---- Thank you for your patience while I have been discussing the next step(s) with my team.

In light of our meeting, can you verify the following for me:

If you were to import a new album into Roon does it suffer from the same issue with the cover image(s)?

If the newly imported content does experience the same results, does it:

• Happen immediately upon import?
  • After a reboot of your core?
  • After a period of time?

Lastly, depending on the results of this test, we may want to try to replicate the problem with your DB in house, but as mentioned, this will be contingent on how newly imported content behaves. Looking forward to your feedback!

-Eric

A post was split to a new topic: ROCK - General Questions (What does what?) (Equipment?)