My Nucleus keeps losing its connection [Resolved with Roon 1.8 (Build 806)]

Tim, thanks so much for all your help and support in this thread, I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it.

1 Like

Tim, that’s not the preferred way of working of Support, as I understand it. They prefer to have separate threads per issue and will track them internally. Mainly because seemingly the same issue very often turns out to have different causes.

And yes, the Support queue has been longer than anyone would have wished for these past couple of months, but the guys (and gal) of what is a small team are working hard to get things back on track.

1 Like

And I can see they’ve been busy splitting this thread up already! As if they haven’t enough work to do! :laughing: Ah well I’m only glad my set-up is only on a second hand NUC and not the mighty Nucleus - now that would *** me off! Let’s hope these occurrences help shed some light on the matter - mine hasn’t missed a beat since I started watching it like a hawk! :rofl:

PS. I did completely reinstall ROCK, from a new download on a new USB stick so…?

1 Like

Hi @NipperDog ,

I just wanted to reach out and confirm that our dev team has a ticket in for a resource leak that we believe is the cause of the issue you (and others) are seeing. I don’t have any specific timeframes just yet, but we’ll be sure to reach out when we have news on this.

2 Likes

Hey Dylan, thanks for keeping me in the loop on this issue. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Hi @dylan - just wanted to say I haven’t had a reset for 9 days for my issue over in the other thread - I am still poised to send a log report as soon as (and if) I do get another one… hopefully it my be the same memory leak issue but I’ll wait and see - mine has been a lot more stable since I reinstalled ROCK from scratch.

2 Likes

Hi @NipperDog & others following this thread,

We’ve just released a new version of Roon (Build 806) that contains improvements in this area, can you please try to update to the latest Roon version and let us know if the issue is resolved on your end? Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.