Roon Core Machine

NUC12WSHi3 (single chip 32gb ram)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Marantz Nr1609 AV receiver

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hello,

Compatibility listed NUC12WSHi3 and Marantz Nr1609 AV receiver.
HDMI enabled in BIOS, HDA Audio enabled. CEC (on)
No HDMI, 2.55 or 2.56.
Just HDA Intel PCH

I have also tried production .bin’s but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Trying to understand the issue you’re having.

What do you have connected to the HDA Intel PCH?

This is what I have.

1 Like

As shown above, I do not have any of the HDMI devices listed as you do.
I am connected to a Marantz NR1609 AV receiver.

Ok, another question, is there and option in the BIOS to enable HDMI? You may have been through all this already, just checking.

Hello,

Yes, all on, also updated my post above, these are good details.

I appreciate your responses.

Is there any news on availability of HDMI functionality on a NUC 12? I’ve just installed ROCK on one and everything seems to work fine except that. I understood build 256 was supposed to fix the issue?

I finally had time to re-test the NUC 12. Unfortunately with ROON OS 1.0 build 255 and 256, I still don’t see any HDMI output. Any suggestions?

I have updated to the build 256 on my NUC 12. However, HDMI still no available. Have tried to turn on and off HDMI CEC at the latest BIOS of the NUC. Does not make any differences.
How to make the HDMI work from the core ?
Thanks.

I wonder if the latest NuCs need a newer driver that’s not included in the current build of RoonOS?

3 Likes

Hi All,

Thanks for the reports here. Since this issue is impacting only NUC12s, it’s possible that it’s a driver issue issue with the newer NUC platform. I’ve activated diagnostics mode for your accounts and have forwarded the logs to the team for further investigation into this issue.

3 Likes

Much appreciated!

1 Like

That’s great. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks for looking into this.

Hi all,

Ben here stepping in for Noris while he is out of the office. As a next step, can you try resetting NUCs BIOS to factory settings?

Here is a help article on the subject : https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/rock-updating-and-configuring-bios-on-your-nuc

Thanks Ben,

This would have been the first step in troubleshooting we likely have all done with this issue. Have you tested BIOS versions for NUC12? Which version is stable in your tests?

Set to defaults and settings adjusted as per link.
Sadly issue still persists.

Hello Roon support, do we have an update?

Thanks

Since there is obviously an issue with Nuc12 and HDMI audio. I reverted to a Nuc11i5, and all is OK.

NUC12’s should come off compatibility list for Roon Rock.

3 Likes

Hello
Relatively new Roon user. Really enjoying Roon. I am using a Nuc12 and experiencing the same issues stated above, and I am patiently waiting for a new driver for the Nuc12.

I have the nuc12 dual booted (via bios) to Roon Rock or Windows 11 (two separate drives). If I add Roon windows server to Windows 11 will I be able to stream music via the HDMI cable directly to my Receiver? Or is this a similar issue with the Roon driver; hoping Windows 11 drivers solves this issue? Thank you!

AFAIK, you should be OK to use multichannel audio via HDMI to your receiver as long as you run Roon on Windows.

Great, thanks for the reply. I have an older nuc7i7, I think I will install Roon Rock on that and then switch back when the new hdmi drivers are released for the nuc12.

1 Like