Problem adding Tidal albums to Roon database

When I try to add to library albums are not getting added to the library. It says it takes too long. Also sometimes if the album does get added to my library it does not include the artwork. Please help!

Try rebooting your server if you haven’t already. Next step is to log out and in again to Tidal.

Hi @Bill_Reeve,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

As Ged suggested, definitely try giving your Core machine a reboot.

Is TIDAL content playing okay, it’s just adding content that is an issue?

Hi Dylan,
My system consists of Roon core running on an Innuous Zen mini mk3 music server. I have a Linksys router. Most of my music I own is on a 4 TB NAS running off the network. I am running Tidal of course. I am having no problems playing Tidal content. I did reboot my Zen mini last night and now I can add Tidal albums to my library just fine, but I’m still having a problem that the artwork for the album in Tidal doesn’t show up in my library, just becomes a black and white generic picture that I can’t change. Strange.

I haven’t heard in 14 hours. I tried rebooting the Roon Core and login out and back in to Tidal. Still having a problem with not getting the artwork from Tidal. Thanks!

I’m having exactly the same issue that you are having. No artwork when I add a Tidal album to my library. Now I can’t play Tidal at all. Maybe it’s something with Tidal.

Check about 24 hours after adding, cover art has appeared for me after about that much time. Overnight so I’m not sure exactly how long.

Try leaving Tidal playing for minutes. I get Tidal to finally play but it requires ~4 minutes for the first track to start. Very strange, no errors. Internet Radio and local files play without issue.

Hi @Bill_Reeve,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Are you able to play non-TIDAL content okay?

Yes my Tidal started playing again after about 4 minutes. But still no artwork. Its been over 24 hours for some of them.

Hi @Bill_Reeve,

Apologies for the other post — I hadn’t realized you had another post here. I merged them all into one.

We are investigating the behavior of TIDAL artwork not appearing appropriately in Roon — We will be sure to update you as soon as we have more information.

Are you having any issues playing non-TIDAL content?

Hi Dylan,

I’m using an Innuos Zen Mini mk3 music server. Yes my non-tidal content playing fine.

Also my Tidal takes 4 minutes to play now if at all. It will play one song and then stop and wait 4 minutes and play another one. Very strange.

So my Tidal is still not working. Takes at least 4 minutes to have a track on Tidal play. Ive rebooted core several times and logged in and out of Tidal.

My Tidal is still not working. Long delay before a track plays (at least 4 minutes). Plays one track and then stops. Takes another 2-3 minutes to play another track. Two days ago Tidal was playing fine. My local files play fine. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Last time this happened to me it was a Roon server side issue. I imagine its the same and they sort as soon as they can.

Hi Simon what is a Roon server side issue? How was it resolved? Thanks

The issue was with Roons servers that Roon uses to give us Tidal and Qobuz no idea exactly what the problem as but they found a bug in their code, that’s all I know. They fixed it and it went away.

So I have the same problem. Slow playback of Tidal. It takes 4 minutes to play a new track. Then it will play 2 or 3 tracks. Then it will take 4 minutes to play the next track on an album. I have an Innuos Zen Mini mk3 music server. I have posted in other threads here. My dealer even provided me with another Innuous Zen mini mk3 music server. Still have the same problem! Tried rebooting my router. logging in and out of Tidal. Nothing works.

Hi @Bill_Reeve,

Thanks for the update, and apologies for the continued trouble here. We have seen users have a better TIDAL experience in the past if they change their DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Google DNS or Cloudflare DNS. Can you please give this a try and let me know if it helps?

So I can play Tidal just fine from the Tidal app on my PC over my network, so that means that DNS is not the problem. It’s still taking over 4 minutes to play a Tidal track from within Roon.

1 Like