Qobuz gapless playback gone [Improvements released with Roon build 1202]

Yes, all right - I didn’t mean it in a bad way either. My bigger problem than “not always gapless” is basically the long gaps when you do mixed playlists. I still have very long gaps often and hope that the new release will soon go into production. And that it will be fixed then.

1 Like

@UliR have you filed an individual support ticket? I know you’ve posted extensively on your experience here, but the behavior you are having with significant gaps between every track from a different album than the previous track in either library or streaming is consistent with what I saw when I had networking issues. Mine eventually cleared up with DNS changes, relocating my core to the server rack, changing a few ethernet cables out (not better just different), and getting my music local to my core (ie not accessed from NAS). It took a month of fiddling and eventually recovered and has been rock solid ever since (18+ months). I’m not attempting to diagnose your specific situation, but rather to say that what you have might just be different than what others here have been experiencing, and I’m not sure the dev team is working on something to fit the issue that you’re experiencing. Which is awful. But based on my own ghost hunting that issue might be within your four walls and I don’t want to imagine you’re possibly waiting for a fix that won’t come.

2 Likes

@Johnny_Ooooops thank you for your question. There is a ticket here:

I was also in direct contact with @support, but at some point I just got the info that I should wait for a fix and there were no more responses. As I went lifetime in November 2022 I am quite dissappointed now.

I’ve been through my network, checked my Nucleus, checked my router, swapped switches, cables and stuff, worked with various endpoints, conferred with my ISP and had the line verified. Everything is absolutely fine from the experts’ point of view. But I have these long interruptions between songs. They are shorter after a core reboot, then longer again after a few hours. But they are never gone.

Are you sure that the one you posted is your support request? Because the thread you posted was started by Marc; have you started your own in the support section?

1 Like

No, but I was told in direct contact via PN to pay attention to this thread.

EDIT: I was in direct communication with a support member but left the chat accidentally, now I have no access to that. From my mails I have this snippet of information from 03.01.2023:

“Yes, we are still investigating this issue. We have a known fix related to chromecast devices that is waiting for a release, so we are actively getting closer to a solution. I’m not able to speak on timelines yet but we’re meeting with our development team this week to get things sorted out”

EDIT 2: additional information - no Chromecast devices in my system.

I’m just wondering if the time for that has passed. My gut (and I’m just some guy like you) is that you may have something different going on.

1 Like

I am now waiting for the next official Roon release. If I don’t see any improvement, I will open a new ticket for “my” problem. I’m very tech-savvy, but also not a guru or anything, and I can’t do more than what I’ve tried on my own.

I also ran Qobuz, Spotify and Amazon Music natively into my streamer. All good with gapless playback. Logged out of everything and logged in to Roon. The issue persists. Annoying to the point of now playing directly from Qobuz. I am really excited about buying a lifetime subscription last month…

1 Like

The update with hopefully the fix was just released. Any difference?

3 Likes

So far so good :blush:, passing the DSOTM test currently :+1:t2:
Hopefully all will have a satisfactory result.

1 Like

Early indications good so far. Will soak test tomorrow for a few hours!

Bonjour,
Gapless issues with Qobuz is now gone…Abbey road is perfect.
cheers

1 Like

Hi All!

As many of you already know, we’ve just released a new production build that should fix any gapless playback issues with Qobuz :+1:

Please update your core and devices, and play some music today! Let me know if you continue to run into issues in this area. Thanks for your patience as always :pray:

10 Likes

Sounding like it was meant to!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Playback stops with shorter tracks

Qobuz albums are again gapless for me! Thanks for the fix :grinning:

Seems that qobuz gapless is back again. Thank you for the fix

Yesterday I listened to the Qobuz 96/24 version of “Reflektor” by Arcade Fire and it was not gapless. My local copy runs gaplessly.

Hi @UliR
Did you switch cores in the meantime and the issue is still there?

@Axel_Lesch no. I am waiting for a support reply before I do anything else, and still believe that it is not an issue on my side.