Qobuz Intermittently Fails to Complete Track Since Roon 1.7 Update

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i5 per details below:

Version: 2.7
Model: sonicTransporter

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Router: Synology RT2600ac
Internet: Verizon Fios (fast)
Other than iPad (used to control Roon), everything is connected by ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim ND5 XS2 network streamer (connected to router via ethernet, as is sonicTransporter)

Description Of Issue

Ever since Roon 1.7 upgrade, I have experienced intermittent instances of Qobuz failing to completely play a track. So far, this has happened only with hi res files, but that may be a function of fact that I play much more hi res than CD quality. I have no noticed it with local library (which is stored on internal SSD on sonicTransporter). This was not a problem using Roon 1.6.

Hi @Larry-NYC — Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the trouble.

The team is currently investigating this, which you can read more about here:

Would you kindly answer the questions outlined here so we can better understand the symptoms you’re experiencing?

• What are the specs of your Core machine
  • What endpoints are affected? If you’re on Windows or Mac does this happen with the system output?
  • What is the topology of your network? How is your Core connected? How are your affected endpoints connected? Is everything WiFi or ethernet?
  • What is the speed of your internet connection?
  • Does this happen with all content, only high res, etc?
  • What exactly happens when playback fails? Does Roon fail to complete the song? Does the next song always work?
  • Does logging in and out of Qobuz/TIDAL have any effect?

REPLIES IN CAPS, THANKS. DO YOU HAVE A SENSE OF WHEN ISSUE WILL BE FIXED? IN TRIAL PERIOD AND THIS IS KEY TO DECISION TO BUY/NOT BUY LIFE TIME LICENSE

What are the specs of your Core machine SMALL GREEN COMPUTER SONIC TRANSPORTER i5

• What endpoints are affected? HAVE ONLY NOTICE ON NAIM ND5 XS2, BUT 95% OF MY LISTENING IS WITH THAT ENDPOINT If you’re on Windows or Mac does this happen with the system output? NOT SURE I UNDERSTAND QUESTION

What is the topology of your network? SMALL GREEN COMPUTER i5 SONIC TRANSPORTER TO NAIM ND5 XS2 STREAMER, ALL CONNECTED BY ETHERNET THROUGH SYNOLOGY RT2600ac ROUTER How is your Core connected? ETHERNET How are your affected endpoints connected? ETHERNET Is everything WiFi or ethernet? ETHERNET

• What is the speed of your internet connection? VERIZON FIOS, WHICH IS FAST
  • Does this happen with all content, only high res, etc? HAVE ONLY NOTICED WITH QOBUZ HI RES, NOT LOCAL CONTENT; DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO TIDAL; I DON’T PLAY MUCH CD QUALITY QOBUZ
  • What exactly happens when playback fails? Does Roon fail to complete the song? YES, AND SKIPS TO NEXT TRACK Does the next song always work? YES
  • Does logging in and out of Qobuz/TIDAL have any effect? NO

I wouldn’t worry, these guys will get this figured out. Things like this have come up in the past and they always get it straight. Hang in there and don’t give up on Roon. I have been with Roon since the beginning and the support has always been great.

Thanks. I understand that this is a complex piece of software used on multiple different systems, so there’s a lot that can go wrong and not everything can be anticipated before public release.

I have also heard (but not experienced) that they will sometimes extend a trial given exigent circumstances.

Give it a try. They can only say no. :slight_smile:

Try the new 505 build and also do this (after updating to 505):

-logout of both Tidal and Qobuz
-reboot the core machine
-re-login to both Tidal and Qobuz
-sync library on both
-check streaming parameters on both

I have not had the problem since doing this even with build 500.

Thanks, will try streaming Q now and see what happens.

Hi @Larry-NYC,

As suggested above, definitely give Build 505 a try and let us know if that helps!

Thanks. I have gone through those steps and for the the limited time that I’ve been streaming Qobuz, no problems have occurred. Will provide further updates as available.

1 Like

I have been streaming Qobuz via Roon since the revision to 1.7 and the problem has not recurred.

I am new to Roon and want to complement Roon for its fast response in addressing this problem. Thanks.

Happy that it worked for you. Hope you are going to stick around after the trial period.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.