Qobuz skipping tracks after 1.7 update, issue not present on local tracks

Me too! Thought it might be a coincidence but since 1.7 just occasionally a track plays for a few seconds and then skips, once it skipped the next track as well. On going back to the queue and ‘play form here’ it did it again but then did manage to play the following track. I initially thought it might be because I was using the MacBook as a control and listening to it via mojo and headphones whilst surfing and stuff, but it just did it playing to my Pi4 endpoint as well, twice, different tracks.

I don’t want to preempt any investigation, but seriously ROCK delivers my own files so damn fast now they begin playing almost before I press play (:rofl:) as for Qobuz maybe 1.7 is impatient and thinks the stream is playing up and skips when it doesn’t need to? I have also been getting very occasional ‘content loading slowly’ network messages with a track skip when in the bedroom (which has a solid 5 bars wifi and never had a problem before?). But I put this down to the fact I was using the macbook to listen via mojo and also surfing on a particularly busy web page of graphics - I noticed it happen a couple of times as the artist image was changing on the Now Playing screen so I closed that and went back to the album page, which seemed to solve the issue - but this is probably just coincidence?

Core: NUC 5i5 running latest ROCK
Control: iPhone (in this case just sat there displaying cover art)
Output: Raspberry Pi 4 with Ropiee (which to be honest has so far been rock solid with 1.6)
Network: ROCK to Apple Airport Extreme ethernet, 5Ghz wifi then to all other devices including R4i

Hi @Tim_Woodward,

Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this behavior, can I please request the following information so that we can better understand the issue?

1. How often are you seeing this behavior? Is it once an hour, once a day, more/less? Does it seem to happen with specific content? What was the exact time this last happened?
  2. What type of Core do you have, what is the model/manufacturer and specifications (CPU/RAM)
  3. Does this behavior occur on multiple endpoints or are you just seeing it occur on one?
  4. What is your network setup like? Can you list the model/manufacturer and how the Core and endpoints are connected?
  5. What is your internet connection download/upload speed? You can check this on speedtest.net
  6. What is the exact failure state - Does Roon fail to complete the song mid-way? Does this issue ever occur at the start of the track?
  7. Does logging in and out of Qobuz/TIDAL have any effect?

Once again apologies for the frustrations here, please let me know the above details when possible for our investigation. Thank you.

Thanks Nathan I’ll attempt to answer all those…

Hope that helps? :blush:

Hey @Tim_Woodward,

We just released Build 505 with some changes that we think will help here. Can you give it a shot and let us know how things are going?

Thanks!

More details are here:

Thanks @mike I’ll keep careful watch from now on and check stability! I do still have an associated issue I mentioned above but I am wondering that it may not be related to 1.7 so maybe you would wish to move this elsewhere? Let’s see if I can explain… (all hardware and network settings as notified above)

Scenario 1: I used to run Core/Control/Output on my MacBook and listening to my Mojo and headphones attached in the bedroom (wifi, with the Airport Extreme being situated in the living room) was never an issue, no dropouts, no skips, full bars on MacBook signal meter, all good.

Scenario 2: I now have ROCK on the NUC as described above and so therefore my MacBook is Control/Output when I listen in the bedroom to my Mojo through headphones. Now I find, usually only when I first begin to listen actually, Roon will stop playing a little way into a track and when I check (I’m probably surfing or something at the same time) the device has been lost for a second or two before it comes back. I have even got it to do this by bringing up the Now Playing screen and watching as a blank top half is displayed and Roon seems to be struggling getting the artist image, only to lose connection again. In a few seconds the image arrives and connection is regained - although I do have to press play to resume listening. If there is an error message (there isn’t always) it is ‘Connection Lost’.

I thought this might be down to me using the MacBook for surfing etc whilst it is also trying to be the endpoint, so I have just moved my Pi4 endpoint into the bedroom, on wifi, connected my Mojo and headphones to that and sure enough the first track I played (this is all local files on the ROCK) stopped and connection was lost for a moment (as displayed on the MacBook as Control). I am now playing quite happily via my iPhone (great having Roon endpoints on all my devices!) with MacBook as Control, surfing and writing this and no problem for a long while.

Its obviously a network issue, so I’ve installed NetSpot app and attached a screenshot below - my wifi is Tim’s 2.4Ghz and Tim’s 5Ghz - I have a separate 5Ghz so I can explicitly connect to it. Its no big issue, but I would appreciate a likely diagnosis so I can see what might be changed. Obviously the Roon Core is sending tons of data over the network now whereas before everything was on the MacBook and only wifi connection was out to the internet .

Thanks for all your help :blush:

Just checked living room wifi and seems hardly any different?

Continuing discussion in: