Renaming imported CD’s

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

There seems to be a problem if there is no space between CD and the number (CD1, CD2) when naming the albums CD 1, CD 2 etc.!

And what, exactly, is the problem? Since the format CDnn is the recommended format for box sets…

1 Like

Yes. This is because Roon filters this terms for detecting multi-disk albums – don’t use them.

Further threads on the same known issue:

1 Like

Thanks

It would be nice if there were escape characters to handle this kind of scenario, but it’s probably too rare to merit the effort.

Hello, it’s not about the import, it’s about recognizing my existing collection. Had a case yesterday where it seemed like roon didn’t recognize a box set unless there was a space between the letters and numbers. But it could also be that I’m just imagining it, unfortunately I don’t have the time to get to the bottom of it…

It may just be a coincidence.

I often find it is not sufficient to name the folders. I also normally tag the disk numbers as well. mp3tag has a default script that tags the disks 01/03, 02/03, 03/03 . . . etc. That is 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3.

I have both spaced and unspaced folder names (mostly unspaced) but all box-sets are recognised as long as the disk numbers are tagged.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.