Roon 1.8 (build 778) Feedback

Ah okay, clear.

On the remotes I have already tried everything.
On the server I wished not to remove and re-install because since I did not change anything I figured it could be an issue on the update.

I will monitor the situation for a while… let’s see if the support has some insights. It will be a vinyl Sunday​:grinning::+1: (which is also fun!)

Thanks! Cheers

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: Best search strategy for compositions

Hey @Enrico_Parzani1,

Thanks for sharing the issue you were running into - we’d love to help. It’s amazing to see that you still see the good in your Sunday - vinyl. I hope it was a beautiful experience!

So we can best help, could you please use the guide below to create a post for our technicians?

Thanks in advance :pray:

1 Like

Ciao Rebeka, I will do. Apologies for the wildness :joy:

Cheers!

The Focus is now much! more confusing, you have to move to the right etc etc, 8 it

Main Focus is now: COLOR and the design really sucks more and more I use it…Windows Vista is here!!!

Roon has been very difficult for me to use over the last month or so. If I use my mac as a remote I can tap the button to play music and it just stalls and after 10 seconds it may play . This happens all over my house . I have gigabit speeds and no other software does this.

The Roon app on the iphone still crashes off and on and is slow in bringing up things you want to play.

My Innuos Zen Mini has gone into initialization failed mode several times since the advent of 1.8 . It never did this before 1.8 It did it twice today before i updated the Roon software.

The sluggishness and hanging has nothing to do with my wifi .

The Zen mini doesn’t meet our minimum requirements, so it’s not too surprising that things have been sluggish for you (especially if you have a sizable collection). Have you tried using your Mac as a core instead?

Closing this thread down. Please post your feedback on Roon 1.8 Build 790 in this thread.

Version 1.8 (build 778) - last available version

Description Of Issue

I enjoy a lot your new interface but I’m still struggling with some issues or strange behaviour compared to version 1.7…

• When searching for an Artist, I get the albums from that Artist but not the compilation albums/tracks where the Artist appears
  • What now is called ‘Popular’ is mainly (only) showing tracks/albums on Tidal and not from my own library eventhough I tagged some tracks with a heart in my own library
  • When looking from an Artist, I get all the albums in my library and when I select one and then return I miss albums from the view. To get them all back I need to search again for the artist and then all albums appear again