Roon 1.8 (build 778) Feedback

FEATURE REQUEST
On looking to Albums with FOCUS-Filter
I scroll down and select and play an album
Going back, the Album-view starts at BEGINNING and not at the LAST ALBUM-SELECTION

I would prefer to go back to last Album and not to start at beginning

1 Like

[quote=“Jason_Henry, post:103, topic:151839, full:true”]
Where is the “Match All” / “Match Any” for personal tags? [/quote]

It seems like you can’t choose between match any/all with with tags… selecting multiple tags will always “match any”, meaning that it will show everything that it is in any of the tags you select (meaning tag1 OR tag2 OR tag3). There doesn’t seem to be a way to show what is in ALL the tags you select (i.e. tag1 AND tag2 AND tag3).

The match all/any selector is available only on certain things in the Focus pull down, e.g. Performer, Genre, Composer, Production, Label. The other things will only match any, I guess because it wouldn’t make sense to match all with things that are mutually exclusive, e.g. release date, albums type, format, etc.

A nice enhancement would be to put a “Match Any/Matcha All” selector in the box that pops up to focus on Tags.

Right, but I think he is asking about how to select between Match Any/Match All with Tags… I don’t think you can…

The release notes mention:

• Fixed centering of images in Image viewer

If I look at some of my pictures, then: NO. They are still way off center / off-frame.

Any ideas?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-23 um 15.45.52

All I see is: Nothing has been fixed here.

3 Likes

You are not alone.

2 Likes

Try it with just your personal tags.

If you haven’t already, add your voice on this topic (vote on OP/comment):

4 Likes

I took that to refer to the artwork for an album in your local files.

??? That would only be a fraction of a solution. Not worthy of mention. The problem is on Artist Pictures, Composer pictures, its everywhere. And I used that Melnikov Pic as an example for the bug report and got told its being looked at…

just updated that original Bug report here:

That is indeed what I’m getting at. The 1.8 update moved from “OR” to “AND” which was something I’ve wanted since moving to Roon. But this messed things up for anyone that had bookmarks set up using “OR” logic. Now we’ve moved back to “OR” thus making me a sad panda…I feel like having both options is ideal.

1 Like

Hi Jason_Henri

You are absolutely right.
Did not read your topic attentive enough till the end.

Dirk

1 Like

I don’t understand how a software developer feels the ability to just change things up, seemingly almost at random. Yes it’s their product, but if I bought a car that drove only where it wanted, and sometimes had brakes, sometimes had steering, sometimes had windshield wipers, other times not, I’d be taking that car back!

2 Likes

Look at these two screen shots… The selection criteria seem to look the same, right? But the results they give are very different…

In the first case, both criteria are tags - one for albums by the label ‘BIS’ and the second for albums with ‘String Quartet’. Both tags combined are interpreted as a logical ‘OR’… show me all albums tagged as ‘BIS’ OR albums tagged as ‘String Quartet’. I can see no option to combine two or more tags as a logical AND.

In the second case, the label ‘BIS’ has been selected using Focus. Now, adding the tag ‘String Quartet’, the combination is interpreted as logical AND.

This inconsistency in behavior while visually giving no clue at all doesn’t seem right to me.

5 Likes

Yes, I’m well aware of the issues with how artist’s images are displayed in Roon.

I’m simply making the point the entry in the release notes you quoted is refering to a completely different, and seperate issue.

ok, in that case this artist/composer picture centering issue is still open / unfixed.

1 Like

I wish they could get some basic functionality right, and roll back much of the Valence ‘Most Popular In Their Prime Who Served Tea To Once and Born In The Same Town If You Liked This But Similar New Release Already In Your Library’ nonsense.

5 Likes

Yep, all that Valance cr@p still clutters the screen… We need a kill switch for that. I also get the same meaningless and entirely static radio stations listed on Home page and Genres I never listen to.

3 Likes

Yep, I had just updated my list, and it reflects that this issue is still open:

Personally, I had expected a longer timeframe for the issue to be resolved.

And to explain for anyone else, I took the issue in the release notes to refer to Roon’s (Album page) viewer for the additional images you may have in your local Album folders - scans of CD artwork/inlays etc…:

All in all, a bit disappointed about 778. Lots of “half fixes” they touched on but didnt really bring to a conclusion. Pity.

Could you (or anyone else posting about this issue) make a new topic in support?

This issue won’t get the visibility it deserves (from Roon and other users) buried in a feedback topic.

1 Like