ROON ARC: All of sudden, "Something went wrong" and "Poor connection" and "Searching for Roon Core..." messages [Resolved]

Same here! “No Roon Cores found” Can anyone confirm this is happening right now?

I too am having the same issue since yesterday… Have tried everything. every uninstalled Roon, and tried again… tried a different router… the same issue…
It seems more likely something at Roon end…

Yes, lots of people here: ROON ARC: All of sudden, "Something went wrong" and "Poor connection" and "Searching for Roon Core..." messages [Resolved] - #59 by Peter_Fear

1 Like

I con not connect too!

So I’ve just come back from a 13 day trip to Tokyo, where Roon ARC has run flawlessly (I was even featured saying as much via Roon’s own socials!). With the update last week, I purposely avoided remotely doing the update, because it seems EVERY time an update is installed, I have to spend considerable time rejigging everything to get Roon ARC working again.
So this time when I landed back home, I did the most recent update and sure enough, as soon as everything rebooted, no Roon ARC functionality. Roon said it could still connect (and still says it can) but alas,no. Power reboots - no change. Update the port forwarding - no change. Re-install ARC - no change. Right now in ARC all it says is “No Roon Cores found”.
I have factory reset everything at home despite no changes to network hardware or settings (except the Roon Core for obvious reasons) and still that one update of Roon has caused so much problems.
This is becoming a serious issue - as a Roon dealer I am getting incredibly reluctant to make clients aware of the ARC functionality for fear this will result in a refund of hardware/software.
The log reports no obvious changes to network or traffic infrastructure in the most recent update so I am at a loss as to what has happened. I was even using Roon ARC 10 mins before I started the update on a coffee run!

2 Likes

My Roon Arc worked normally last night, and today it also shows that it cannot be connected, but everything in the home network is normal, and the Arc test on Roon also shows that it is normal, but the mobile client cannot connect to the home core.

1 Like

Seems a general issue on Roon’s side,

2 Likes

Yep. Any answers from Roon ? Coming to the end of free trial and wont be paying for this.

The cloud hosted brokering system must be having a fit.
Well, fine, this is the risk when you run any centralised system. Bug-free code is like unicorns and fail-free infrastructure is about the same. Problems happen, and they’re sometimes much bigger than ever expected and may take time to fix.
All good so far. This is engineering.

What is not good at all, in a grand scale by now, is the total lack of communication about it from Roon Labs. That is support, marketing and sales failing big time, making an engineering issue much, much worse than it should be.

Problems happen. It’s the way you communicate about them that will make those problems bad or good events.

The regular support guys like @Wes and @connor are probably aware, but the real communication should now come from C-level, like @danny

2 Likes

you need to see the positive side: it only affects ARC. If the problem were extended to Roon, with the inability now to use it offline, we would all have to find alternative ways of listening to music until the problem is solved.

Roon Core Machine

2012 Mac Mini
Intel i7 CPU
16GB RAM
2x 250GB SSD
OS - Ubuntu 20.04

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ubiquiti Dream Machine
Manually forwarded port 55000 for Roon ARC

Connected Audio Devices

• iPhone 13 Pro working with Roon Remote, cannot connect to Roon ARC
  • Sonos One and Apple TV 4K (2022) all connected and working with Roon Remote

Number of Tracks in Library

~900 tracks in library, also connected to Tidal

Description of Issue

iOS device can connect to Roon Remote. Roon Remote states Roon ARC is ready and tests pass. Unable to find Core when connecting on the iOS device using Roon Arc.

Have tried setting UPnP instead of manually port forwarding (same result). Restarted iOS device, reinstalled Roon ARC. Reset router. Tried Roon ARC on another iOS device. Nothing has resolved the issues so far

I am facing similar issue and also tried using https://canyouseeme.org/ to check the IP and port all working fine.

It still worked last week and suddenly stucks at “No roon cores found” today. Tried resetting router and roon server. Nothing helps.

Same problem here in India too. Have deleted arc and will rely on Apple Music for ooh listening. It’s just as easy.

Today i noticed ARC, finds no roin cores.
Roon version 1149, latest ARC and roon remote android software.
Roon setting for ARC runs ok on noth my android phone and server (see figure).
ARC was running ok, few days ago.

Hey all, just wanted to let you know that we are working on this.

21 Likes

Roon Core Machine

My Roon Arc setting is ready,but roon arc can’t find roon core.
a few days ago my public ip is 112.237.X.X,roon arc can connect roon core ok,i can use it;
today ,i reset my portforwarding setting,roon setting display roon arc is ready,my public ip changed,is 39.86.x.x,now my roon arc can’t find my roon core ,ican’t use it ,why ? ,how can i fix it?
appoligize my poor english.
need my account update the ip addr AND other info ?

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

1 Like
2 Likes

Somebody accidentally kick the roon ARC server plug out of the wall?? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Same issue with ARC app not finding Core even if Roon Remote shows ARC to be ready for secure connection…