Roon can't find my music files anymore since the update

Sorry , but this is not true . None of this had ever happened before on Nucleus+ (A) with internal Samsung 860 SSD (4tb) before early access so it is , at the very least , possible that it was somehow involved . It doesn’t mean I’m not “comfortable with computers” when something that has never happened before suddenly and repeatedly kills access to my entire library for most of a week . I’ve done Beta trials before with Roon , Sooloos,Meridian ,Trinnov, Apple ,Kodi,and Windows .

Today , internal storage disappeared yet again while adding an album to the library . So , my library counted down to zero and needed to be restored from a backup which may last for a day or a few hours before it crashes and disappears again !

In the time it took to type this ,Internal Storage has disappeared yet again from the Nucleus+ home page so whatever now ‘wrong’ is ongoing not solved .

M

1 Like

Well I didn’t say it’s impossible, I said it’s not most likely. And if you participated in other beta programs, you may have heard that they may uncover problems - that’s what they are for, and your reactions above seemed to me as if you are not too comfortable with this

Maybe I misinterpreted it all, does not really matter. I suggest that you post the problem in your own new thread, either in #early-access if you think that it’s a problem caused by earlyaccess, or in #support:nucleus-support to get the support that you paid for. Probably you will get faster help by Roon staff either way. However, take Thanksgiving into account, unfortunately

@ivan Any news?

Hi, @Pierre_Dallaire, sorry for the late response. We discusses this problem internally. Based on the description provided by you in this thread it’s a known problem with RoonOS and we have an open ticket for this issue.

As a workaround, we have the following suggestion:

or

Could you, please, try that one and in case it does not work for you, let @support know?

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

@Support @ivan
Well, I finally had time to perform the proposed procedure. As soon as I plugged the hard drive back into the NUC, Roon scanned all the files again since he had access to the directory.

1. Thank you.
  2. The solution seems simple. Why did you wait 14 days before informing me? It had already been a week since I had access to my files when I asked for help.
  3. If the solution was so simple, why did the problem occur and why was Roon unable to avoid it AND FIX IT!!!
  4. Since I have to rely on the community to get service, I have to add this: it seems to be working for the moment, but I’ll check tomorrow if everything is still ok, since several members of the Roon community have mentioned that nothing was working the next day. It’s stressful for nothing. I remain very unsatisfied with Roon’s customer service.

Hi Ivan. Another Roon update last night, the same problem… Are you kidding me???
@ivan @Support

I don’t know if that is true - had something similar happen - lost 2 tb of files - roon reports the drive is now 100 free when before it was nearly full.
I assumed it was a drive failure and replaced it with a 4tb as I don’t like using ssd at nearly 90%. But the old 2 tb is testing fine on windows? Only a couple of days now with the new ssd and all seems fine but I am not 100% sure that the old ssd was the problem.

Hi @Pierre_Dallaire,

We are discussing this with our development group and hope to have a response/fix for you tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.

Wes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.