Nucleus
2TB Samsung SSD installed.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TaoTronics mesh WiFi.

Connected Audio Devices

Teac NT505, Chord Mojo, Sonos Ones.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Woke up this morning just selected a track to play onto my Sonos ones. Halfway through the track the Roon remote disconnected, though the track continued to play. Now I cannot find Roon Core anywhere, I’ve rebooted the Nucleus and still nothing. This is my second unit, had it about a month.

@johngreen
If the core is still playing fine but the remote isn’t responding or showing up, then not just the core but everything up to the router needs to be rebooted to see if the freeze clears. The Roon Team will start again on Monday. The volunteers will continue to contribute ideas.

I hasten to add that the web interface is nowhere to be seen, as is the Roon Core. Nothing. i have moved the unit and swapped cables and locations, but still nothing. I look forward to the team returning on monday. THanks.

1 Like

Looks like it might be your M.2. Won’t be the first time that a Nucleus M.2 crapped out…

Anyone around to help me? It’s so frustrating having Roon down. Is there a fix, or is this unit toast? Look forward to hearing from you.

I’ll tag @support, but I’m pretty sure you need a new M.2.

They are cheap enough for you to install yourself, if you don’t want the bother of sending the unit back and waiting for Roon to fix it.

Still, wait to see what support says.

Good luck.

How old is this nucleus?
And did you buy direct from Roon or a dealer?

I don’t remember seeing if you had tried to connect a monitor by HDMI and see if anything shows up on screen on reboot of the nucleus?

I bought a Nucleas from a dealer here in the UK about three months ago. It lasted a month before it died and here on the forum a Roon Admin said it needed to be replaced. Which it very switfly was. This second Nucleus has also died, though has exhibited different symptoms. Just my bad luck I guess, though I am hoping that the quality of the build of these things is better than my experience leads me to believe. I will also return this unit unless a Roon Admin tells me how to rectify the problem.

I haven’t hooked it up to a TV over HDMI. But will do that today, to see what happens.

Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@support
Please can someone help me?
I have plugged an hdmi cable from the nucleus to my TV… nothing. No signal. So here I am with another dead nucleus. Nothing works at all. My first thought was it has changed its IP, but I cannot locate it in any way. So I have no Roon. :frowning: Hope someone can get on this case soonest. Many thanks.

I think you have established beyond reasonable doubt that you have a hardware problem with your Nucleus. You should return it to your dealer - it is still under warranty.

2 Likes

Hi @johngreen ,

Sorry to hear about the issues here, even after the SSD swap suggested on your other thread.

If there is no HDMI output and you’ve verified the power is on, the right TV input is selected, etc, then it is most likely a boot failure on the Nucleus.

Since you have bought the Nucleus in the UK, your dealer would be in the best position to assist with the RMA procedure, they can work with our countrywide Roon distributor to repair/replace the unit.

Thanks everyone. Boxing it up and returning it today. :slight_smile:

Where do you have your Nucleus? Does it have enough air circulation?

IMHO, to have two bad units with failing M.2s (in less than two months) points to a heat problem.

I’ll keep an eye out for it, we have a service queue of around 10 days, but I’ll keep an eye out for the RMA, which dealer did you return it via ?

1 Like

It lives in a dark corner out or direct sunlight away from anything that may increase the heat, so is well ventilated. Indeed, it is never hot ever.

It has been returned to AudioVenue this lunchtime.

1 Like

Excellent, I’ll keep an eye out for it at Goods In.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.