I am using ROON 64 bit for Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 7569 with Core i7 and 16G RAM. Sometimes when I power up the laptop ROON begins to load then disappears and I end up having to reinstall ROON, which means importing all 3TB of music files to it again. This has happened so many times I have lost track. I need someone to look at my log files to see if there is anything at my end that can be done to stop this madness. How do I attach a zip file containing the logs?
Take a look at this post, reply with the requested information and flag
@support. They will pick this up and can enable diagnostics on your account.
If you need to report an issue, just flag
@support when you post, making sure to:
Describe Your Setup
Tell us about your setup when reporting an issue. If you’re already running Roon (or trying to run Roon and having an issue), be sure to let us know:
- what version of Roon you are running ( Settings > About; If you’re running Windows, please let us know whether you’re running 32bit or 64 bit )
- What operating system you are running ( Windows 7; OSX 10.9; etc )
- Basic information about the device you’re using ( MacBook Pro 2011 w 4gb of RAM; HP Envy laptop w i7; etc ).
- Describe where your music is stored – this includes hard drive description and interface type (USB, Firewire, etc. If you are using a NAS or any other kind of network storage, be sure to include the information requested in the Network section below)
- Let us know your collection size ( approximate number of tracks )
Describe The Issue
(if you’re having a specific issue or crash)
Feel free to ask general questions about Roon, but if you’re having a crash or some other specific issue, let us know when it happens. This could be “every time I start the app”, or “every time I click a certain button”, but the more information you provide, the better.
If you’re having problems with audio, let us know what you’re using and what you’ve tried. If your DAC is having issues, let us know what model it is, and whether you’re having issues playing out of the speakers on your laptop.
Just click the New Topic button and let us know this basic information about your question or issue. Thanks!
Also, it may be worthwhile temporarily disabling your antivirus software and firewall before trying to run Roon again.
A post was merged into an existing topic: ROON Crashes, I’m Lost, Please Help