Roon has lost credentials since update (QNAP)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
QNAP 251+ with 16 GB of memory.
Music files and the Roon database are on an Samsung SSD USB 3.0 external drive.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
The QNAP is connected to a Fritzbox 7590 in the home network.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
The music is streamed via an Auralic Aries G1, converted with a Wadia121 and output via a Marantz PM11 S2 to Kef 205 Reference.

Description Of Issue
Hello Roon @support,

The QNAP only runs Roon, so a pure Roon server. All other applications are stopped.

The server is only started on demand, so if I want to listen to music the Roon Server is started and my Auralic my Wadia my Marantz and if everything is running I start the Roon APP, now I have to enter my username and password every time since the last update, WHY? I didn’t have to do that before the update, and it’s very annoying.

A friend with the same system doesn’t have this problem WHY?

I reloaded my system and reconfigured the whole system, but as soon as I switch off the server, Roon loses my login data.

This can not be! I hope you can help me.
With greetings from Germany,
Thomas

I’m letting @crieke know - he’s the Qnap guru and may be able to help.

1 Like

Hi @Thomas_Wess,

Are you using the latest package version for the Roon install on the QNAP? There was an update fairly recently which helps with authorization issues, please see:

Hi Thomas,
please use currently the qnap installer from roononnas.org (version 2020-07-15). The QNAP app center version still has an issue in the installation routine and will hopefully soon be replaced with the new installer.

You can download version 2020-07-15 on the very top of the page (first section, when the text starts). Then click the manually install button in the app center of your QNAP administration:

1 Like

Hello crieke, thanks for the answer.
I currently have this version of Roon Server
Version: 1.7 (build 571) stable
QPKG version: 2020-06-22
Process ID: 4726
Your tip to download and install version 2020-07-15 from http://roononnas.org/ is not possible for me because this version is not available. Or I don’t find the version.
maybe you have a link where I can download the roon version.
With greetings from Germany
Thomas

Hi @Thomas_Wess,

Here is a direct link to the updated package:
https://roononnas.org/builds/QNAP/RoonServer_2020-07-15_x86_64.qpkg

1 Like

Hello noris,
many thanks for the quick help. I loaded and installed the version, and lo and behold, everything works fine and as I am used to from Roon. so far everything is going as usual. thank you again.
with greetings from germany
Thomas

2 Likes

Happy to help @Thomas_Wess, but the credit should go to @crieke who actually manages the package and provided the update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello crieke, also a special thank you for the quick help and also a special thank you for your work which I particularly appreciate. Many many thanks and greetings from Löchgau / Germany
Thomas

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.