Roon is reporting - Metadata Improver halted

I am receiving a red flagged message that says ( MetaData Improver halted.

Suggest you restart your core machine and make sure it has any roon updates done too

Hi @Tom_Russell,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is there any change after rebooting the Core machine?

`Modem= ATT UVERSE supplied
Router= Net-Gear ORBI
Server= Antipodes Audio CX
Renderer= Antipodes Audio EX

The server is connected to the router by CAT-6 Ethernet cable

The warning does not resolve after reboot of the machine with the ROON core

I rebooted ROON server on my Antipodes CX and the flagged message has disappeared

Thanks for the update, @Tom_Russell — If you see this issue return please let us know.

The flagged message has returned

Sorry for the continued troubles here, @Tom_Russell.

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

A post was split to a new topic: Metadata error message happening

A post was split to a new topic: Metadata error on sonic transporter

I will be waiting for your conclusions

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Tom_Russell,

Our team has been looking into this and similar reports and what we’ve found is that this seems to be stemming from something on the Core or network that is blocking the Core’s connection to our servers. This might be firewall, antivirus, VPN, or even a VOIP system.

Do you have anything like this on your network? If you have a different machine that you can use temporarily as your Core does it exhibit the same issue when the current Core is in this state?

I had the same problem.
For me the solution was to re-enable IPV6.

A post was split to a new topic: Metadata Improver Message

It is very strange !
Why Roon Core needs MTA service running?
Today, I’ve encountered same problem after disabling exim4 MTA service under Debian !
I had to re-enable it to solve the problem !

Yes I have VOIP

Hi @Tom_Russell — Has this continued happening for you consistently since your last message? How often does it occur?

The adding music message says complete. The METADATA improver is still halted. This happens whenever I bring my music server out of standby.

1 Like