Roon just suddenly stopped working with Windows 11. Says Roon 2.0 is "incompatible"

I rebooted. Nada. I uninstalled Roon and re-installed it. Nada. HELP!

@David_Fair, you may be experiencing something similar in this thread with Windows Compatability turned on (something Microsoft allows users to toggle for older applications).

You will probably want to check both Roon.exe and RoonServer.exe and ensure Compatability mode is deactivated for each.

Ok, we’re on to something. My path of course was slightly different. But I found the Roon app and opened as administrator. After being asked if I wanted to let this app make changes, Roon did indeed open. There is no “RoonServer.exe” in this folder, however. Roon will NOT however open with my old link. If I select Properties on the app, compatibility mode is NOT checked. So please be specific about how I “heck both Roon.exe and RoonServer.exe and ensure Compatability mode is deactivated for each.” Thanks.

The RoonServer.exe app is not in the Roon folder, but in the RoonServer\Application folder

Thank you, Geoff. Found the RoonServer app. Checked Properties. Compatibility mode is NOT checked. So problem is not solved.

Can you post a screenshot of the precise error message that you are getting? Thanks.

Usually, when I try to launch Roon, nothing happens at all. Sometimes I get this:

Well, that’s certainly a sign that a Windows Compatibility mode has been set somewhere… Can you recheck your executables?

1 Like

Via “properties,” both Roon and RoonServer do NOT have the compatibility bit set. Please define “recheck your executables” if you mean something else. I don’t know what else to check.

Looks like the problem was MSFT. I installed a new Win11 update. Roon opens fine now from my desktop shortcut. There is a remaining annoying bit, but I can live with it. When I open Roon, Windows asks if I will allow Roon to “make changes to this device.” If I click “YES,” everything works. Anyway, it appears the problem I was having was a Windows bug, now mostly fixed. You can close this thread. Thx.

If you right click, go to properties, Compatibility and check the Run as Administrator box that might fix the annoying message.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.