Roon lost control of device errors since bluos 3.10.3

Since I upgraded my mdc bluos card for Nad m32, roon loses contact within minutes but no longer than an hour

Roon core running on intel nuc i5 1.7
Using iPad roon remote 1.7

Hi,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

It sounds like this problem. Does it only happen when you play MQA files by any chance (which might explain the different lengths of time before it loses control):

Hi @glenn_kime,

Can you please share the rest of your setup details?

Is there any change in behavior if you reboot your Core + NAD endpoint?

I am having the same problem and Its related to the NAD update as I have the card in the M12. It seems to happen with big files like MQA.

No there isnt

Hi @glenn_kime,

Thanks for trying the reboot! Can I please ask that you let me know the exact local time + date + track you experience this behavior next and let me know here?

Does this issue only impact certain types of content like local or streaming, or a particular format (FLAC/MQA?)

What is your network setup like, can you list model + manufacturer of gear and how the Core and NAD are connected to the network?

It plays a long time with non mqa songs from my library

However playing tidal mqa causes this error almost immediately

Hi @glenn_kime,

Can you please let me know the exact local time + date + track you experience this issue with next?

1135 est today

1 Like

This was after I manually updated bluos to 3.12.2

Sadly the problem remains

Roon and nuc running roon core connected to switch via Ethernet. Switch to router via Ethernet

Note that Bluos support closed the ticket I opened. Here is there official reply before closing

Is it just me, or does their response not make a tonne of sense?

It does not make sense to me either. I suggest opening a bluos support ticket yourself If you haven’t already done so. Perhaps you will get a better response

I actually did that immediately after seeing their confusing and unhelpful response.

Xlnt- please let me know if you have better luck. Roon, any chance you might be able to work with bluos on a fix?

I think they are looking into it already, as this issue has been around for a bit:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/tidal-mqa-gives-error/117994/10?u=gkern

Hi @glenn_kime,

Thanks for letting me know that timestamp. I’ve activated diagnostics mode for your account and what this action should have done is automatically upload a log-set to our servers, but I am unfortunately not seeing this report come in.

Can you please use these instructions to send me a copy of your Roon logs from your Core for review? If you have any issues accessing or sending, just let me know!