Roon overrules device

Hello
I have the problem that when streaming to a Marantz (AirPlay) and then trying to use the Marantz-Remote to Mute or to set the Volume, Roon immediatly sets it back.
What can i do th avoid this?
Regards
Rolf

Hi @Rolf_Keplinger,

Can you provide some more information regarding your setup here? You can use this thread as a guide:

• How is the Marantz connected to the network?
  • Have you tried rebooting the Core, Network, Endpoint yet?

Hello
I have restarted everything (fan of it crowd😉), but still the roon app keeps setting volume back when i use the marantz remote to change volume or to mute.
the marantz 8805 is connected with a cat wire and in the same network and roon streams via airplay.
regards.
Rolf.

Hi @Rolf_Keplinger,

Thanks for letting me know that. I spoke to the technical team earlier today and I plan on discussing with the hardware team to see if this is expected behavior here. As soon as I hear back from the team, I’ll be sure to let you know.

– Noris

Hi @Rolf_Keplinger,

I wanted to let you know that the hardware team and they have been able to confirm similar behavior.

We are still actively looking into this, but do note that it looks like we may have to reach out to the manufacturer for a follow-up investigation, which may take some time.

As soon as I have any new details to share, I’ll be sure to let you know. I appreciate your patience during this process.

– Noris

Hello
with build 416 the behavior changed. now only mute is resetted by roon when i use the marantz remote
volume changes with the remote now work and are simultanously reflected in the roon app. so this works now both ways .
Regards
Rolf

Hi @Rolf_Keplinger,

Glad to hear that there was a change in behavior here and that the volume changes are now properly reflected. I will inquire with the hardware team about this change and ask them to investigate the mute functionality as well.

– Noris

Hi @Rolf_Keplinger,

I just wanted to check in here with you because we have activated some additional debugging tools for your account. Can you please let me know if the volume changes are still properly being reflected in your app and if you are having any issues can you let me know the exact local time in your country of when you try to change the volume or mute the zone (e.g. 11:29PM)?

– Noris

Hello Noris

i just checked again and it still resets mute when i stream directly to the marantz. it is 8:45 cest

volume changes work both in app and via marantz remote independent now .
but pressing mute on marantz remote is immediatly resetted to unmuted by roon. When i mute in the app it stays muted. But this seems to mute roon itself, not the marantz. when muted in the app i can use mute on the remote as well and the marantz stays muted. unmute with the remote only unmutes the marantz, but roon stays muted. unmuting in tha app sets the volume bar in the app to zero.
moving the volum slider in the app gets reflected in the marantz volume and changing the marantz volume gets reflected in the app. so that seems to work fine.
regards
Rolf

Hi @Rolf_Keplinger,

Thanks for checking that the behavior is still similar. I can confirm that the new diagnostics have reached our servers and I have asked QA to take a look. I am seeing a few networking-related traces contained in them, can you let me know what your network setup is like including your networking gear model/manufacturer and how the Marantz is connected in the setup?

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.