Roon radio sticks at the end of songs

No problem with Roon Radio until recently. Roon core is on a Mac mini on the network. After chosen selections, RR starts up, as desired, but after a song or two it sticks at the end of a song. The next song is in queue but Roon is stuck at the end of the previous song. I can hit the track forward button and it will advance but also thinks I’m rejecting the song just played. I have radio open to my library, tidal and Quobuz and toggles between them just fine

I posted about this issue, too. Are there any similarities in our set-ups?

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-radio-hangs-at-last-second-of-a-track

Hi @Mike_Kimsey,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this happen with all endpoints? If you play to System Output on the Mac does Radio still stop?

Arris Surfboard, to Erros, hard wired to Mac mini as Roon server. Using Roon controller on iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro. Mini is hard wired via network to Linn Selekt streamer, dac.

Never had an issue until recent Apple iOS and Roon updates.

Hi @Mike_Kimsey,

Does this issue only occur for your Linn Selekt zone? We are aware of a few similar reports for Linn zones and are working with Linn towards investigating these reports, but if this issue occurs on any other zones (or even “System Output”), that would be another useful data point.

Linn only, not on Sonos. USB hard drive is connected to Mac mini, 1.8T of ripped or downloaded music, all CD or above. This usually mixes with tidal and Quobuz when radio runs. Is it an issue with Linn not accepting MQA?

Mini-hard drive soon to be replaced with Qnap NAS running Roon server on SSD drive with music on spinning drive.

Hi @Mike_Kimsey,

Thanks for confirming that this issue only occurs on Linn.

No, this issue doesn’t look like it has anything to do with MQA content but rather with the position timer when outputting to Linn zones.

In the reports we’ve had the position timer gets stuck at the very last second (or one second before completion).

We have gathered log reports from affected customers and we are investigating with Linn’s assistance, but I don’t have any further update to share at this time.

1 Like

Just started a trial membership because of this very specific feature.
I encounter the same problem on a Linn selekt.
After a song ends it just hangs, waiting for me to select a new song.
At this point it is useless.

What concerns me is that this issue was mentionned one year ago and it does not seem to be fixed…

I haven’t had this issue with my Selekt for so long I had forgotten about it. I assume it was fixed on either the Roon side or Linn side long ago.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Stopped on end of track

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.