Roon Radio stops or skips tracks

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Innuos Zen Mini Mk.3

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Compal Connect Box CH 7465LG

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

naim Mu-so Qb 1st gen connected via AirPlay
naim Mu-so 2nd gen connected via Ethernet
naim Mu-so 1st gen connected via Toslink on the Innuos Zen Mini (used as a player, this connected via Ethernet)

Description Of Issue

Since the update to build 783 Roon Radio stops sometimes after a few seconds sometimes after listening for one hour. On my android devices I can see the message “roon core lost” and after finding the core again the track is on the position of this loss in the pause mode. So pressing play it continues at the time of the loss. Another issue that occurs is that tracks are skipped. I can follow this in history. So I see this skipping to the next track differs from 25% to 90% of the track.
I can see this problem on the Mu-so 2nd gen and the Mu-so Qb. I did not test it til now for the Zen Mini as a player. I will do so soon.
Thanx for the help

I’m experiencing the same skips with Roon Radio and Tidal. History shows skips at 25%, 50% and 70% so far. Something is amiss.

Testing local album now…so far no skips.

Hi Larry,
I forgot to mention that I am also using Tidal.

Seems others are experiencing the same since 783 release. Local files appear to not be affected by the Tidal skip bug.

I have already tried the advice to set back the audio devices to default settings like recommended there. But it seems this users and you just have this skipping issue without the stops?
So perhaps I will give it a trial to reduce to the local library?

That’s right, random Tidal tracks simply skip at some point through playback to the next track without pause or disconnect.

Dylan from the support team told me from a different forum to open a new topic. So I hope they are on this issue! Just now I had a few traks just the way they should be! :wink:

Yes, they like individual tickets. I’ll open one if they don’t address it soonish.

Thank you Larry,
now it seems that the issues also appear playing albums from Tidal and using the genre icon playing from my library. I hope there will show up any idea from roon side

Today I was optimistic again because it worked fine for more than hour. Now it stopped several times after playing a few tracks. For a short time I could see an error message like “roon limited to local library” after this restart. I checked my internet speed and this was 200 Mbps short after this issue. This will not be the problem.

Hi @Norbert_Neuwirth

Please note the exact local time + date when this issue next occurs and the name of the track that was playing and upload your Roon Logs by using these instructions. The best way to get them over to me would be via Dropbox / Google Drive, but if you don’t have either service please let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

Hi Dylan,
I sent description of track and log files directly some days ago. No answers until now.
I will try it this way: Issues are still on. Sometimes rarely again - sometimes more or less often like at the moment. On monday there were just two issues for 5 hours. Today it is worse again.
22.04 2021 09:18
Track(FLAC, own library): Lass mich gehen playback stopped end after showing “select an audio zone” ends in pause mode .
22.04 2021 10:43
Track(tidal): Lord Byron’s luggage playback stopped end after showing “select an audio zone” ends in pause mode.
22.04 2021 10:54
Track(tidal): Tenderness on The Block playback stopped end after showing “select an audio zone” ends in pause mode.
22.04 2021 11:15
Track(tidal): Detox Mansion playback stopped end after showing “select an audio zone” ends in pause mode .
22.04 2021 11:29
Track(tidal): Poor, Poor, Pitful Me Track skipped to next track
22.04 2021 11:34
Track(tidal): Knocking on Heaven’s Door playback stopped end after showing “select an audio zone” ends in pause mode .
Here are the log files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o1SNTkIUPQhIrDUllDVqxREFGJ7_IiHY/view?usp=sharing
I hope this data will help. If not please give me further instructions.
kind regards
Norbert

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon crashes sometimes during playback

Thanks for your patience over the weekend, @Norbert_Neuwirth. I just wanted to confirm that our team is looking into this and we’ll be sure to follow up ASAP!

Thank you Dylan. I hope your team will find something that helps! On sunday again a lot of stops - yesterday just one stop over 4 hours and a few times skipped tracks.

Hi @dylan,
stopping issue is nearly or almost gone, after the last update from innuos to 1.4.8. innuOS 1.4.8 – Released 03/05/2021 – Innuos – High-Fidelity Digital Music Servers and Streamers In there they describe what they tried to fix. This might also help roonlabs? Skipping is still on but quiet seldom now. By the way innuos support was quiet fast! :wink: Are there any news from your side. I see again there are new listeners having these issues with skipping tracks.

Hi @Norbert_Neuwirth,
yes, here are some roon users with the same issues (me too).

If you’re looking at the comments from Danny Dulai in the thread Playback Skipped
they might have an idea. Let’ keep our fingers crossed.

Hi @Norbert_Neuwirth

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Looking at the logs, I’m not seeing any Roon-side errors. Roon is playing normally and then it receives a response from the Naim devices that playback has ended. I’ve passed this along to our gear expert to look into this further. We’ll be in touch once they’ve completed their investigation.

Thank you @dylan
Just at the moment the issues are there but not to this extend it used to be. Anyway it will be fine if there is a solution that makes roon work without these problems. This stopping issue was definetely my main problem!

Hi @Peter_Kuehnel, @Francois_De_Heel
I am reading your threads curiously and I hope that there will be a solution to our(?) problem. I hope that your efforts will help others too.
Thank you

1 Like