- Synology 920+
- 2x 500GB NVME SSD drives for Write/Read cache running on the RoonCore Volume
- 8GB RAM
- Fritzbox! 7580
- DSL 50Mbps/6Mbps
- Raspberry Pi4 4GB running HiFiBerry OS with a HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro hat
- 2x Sonos Play One
- MacBook Air M1 16GB RAM (Caldigit Thunderbolt Audio Interface)
As previously described in this thread, the playback of songs is skipping or terminating early in any of the Audio Devices above.
I cannot see a direct cause to the issue, based on the following observations:
- Tracks are skipping in both TIDAL stream or local FLAC files.
- Tracks are skipping in both Wireless and Wired (MacBook) devices.
- RoonCore memory usage, despite being enormous, keeps steady at around 3GB.
- RoonCore CPU usage also doesn’t spikes before/during skips.
- Local FLAC have been through Audio Analysis already
- It is not a matter of the NAS HDD I/O, I’m able to properly direct stream 4k h265 HDR files or speeds over 60MB/s
- I’m running no DSPs
- I don’t seem to have any noticeable effects enabling/disabling MQA endpoint Decoder.
Here is a gist with a console log of some of these events.