Roon seems to be not recognizing my Nucleus (?) and will only play through AirPlay

There have been several other reports of people using macs where Roon Ready devices are showing as connected to the core. So this could be a bug in the latest version.

@support need to look into this properly

Hmmmm odd indeed…I wonder if this is perhaps some MAC OS anomaly and not Roon per se… what do the audio devices look like in in MacOS system report?

There haven’t been “several other reports of people using macs where Roon Ready devices are showing as connected to the core”, there’s just the one that you refer to. And that issue is being caused by the OP confusing us by misnaming the output zone on his Mac as being the CXNv2.

The clue is where he says:

When I try to play music on the CXNv2, it plays through the Core (iMac) instead.

Well, yes, it would - it’s the Mac output, not the CXNv2…

Thank you for beginning the help process with me.

These all are wired connections.

I’m attaching some pictures, starting with the back of the Nucleus; look right?

Then see other pictures of it attempting to play lossless – no sound coming out.

IMG_2170
IMG_2167

It would look like it is trying to send the sound to the Node 2i in the listening room, correct? Why am I not hearing anything?

Not sure about the ALSA bit mine shows

We may have a victory; started by replugging in the Bluesound in the Listening Room. Haven’t yet plugged in the far room:

1 Like

I think we have a solution/case closed. Both units are working, transporting lossless from the Nucleus now. Via the Bluesound. Sounds great. Thank you all for your help.

1 Like

Actually…I’m going to try that again. Choosing it from Roon…

I guess it will always read that way (?): “Bluesound NODE 2i - Roon Advanced Audio Transport”.

That correct? If so…close me out!

That is correct. It is showing that the stream from the Nucleus to the Node is using RAAT. Glad it is working for you now. Enjoy the music!

1 Like

Thank you so much; I already am!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.