Roon server fails to run after reinstall

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Installed Roon server and it ran well for a week. Then started having file problems. Decided to uninstall Roon and reinstall. I do not have a large library of CDs that have been ripped. Will use Tidal and then add CDs after I am comfortable with Roon.
The database was also deleted. I would want to recreate the database.

You need to ensure you back up your Roon Database regularly.

Hi @Richard_Skilton,

I’ve moved your topic into the #support section of the forum, could you edit your post and complete the information, under the header that I’ve added. This will help Roon support team give you the best advice.

Following one from that … when you say Roon server fails to run … how are you determining this?
Note there is no GUI for Roon server and I’m wondering if you are expecting a GUI to open up.

If you required a GUI on the machine running the Roon Core then you need to install the Full Roon application rather than the server version.

Hope this helps, in the meantime I’ll tag @support so they are notified of your topic.

I agree that I should back it up, but I wanted to start from scratch. I first explored using an old server and installing Linux. It appears it is looking for an intel i3.

To clarify, I then installed Roon on an AMD machine running Windows 10 Pro with a 2 TB SSD and 16 Gd of memory. Worked fine for a week, then started having problems.

While you’re waiting for support help, you need to be a little more specific about what this means.

Hi @Richard_Skilton,

It is not clear exactly what the issue is from your posts.

Is the issue that you have a new Core set up and your current Roon Remote/Client is looking for the old Core? If that’s the case, you can press on “Select a different Core” and you should see the new Core.

If the issue is another, please provide more information.

I do not seem to make myself clear. I have uninstalled and deleted all instances of Roon. I then ran the installer again (Rooninstaller64). I get a message “Loadlibrary failed” error 87.

My goal was to completely delete Roon and then reinstall, then create a new database etc.

go back up to your first post and fill in all the info you can about your system and network etc…be specific about OS versions etc and hardware specs etc and any command line entries you used.

Hello @Richard_Skilton,

To completely uninstall Roon from a PC, you can use these instructions:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder

It sounds like you may have an issue with your graphics card drivers, you may want to try to reinstall the driver. See the following thread:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.