Roon stuck on flashing Roon symbol... does not open

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Dell laptop corei7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
lte att hot spot into ethernet switch to laptop and rpi4

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

rpi4 to Denafrips DAC USB

Description Of Issue
After month of flawless operation, and after an auto uopdate session on the laptop, Roon is now stuck on the flashing roon symbol.

HERE IS A COPY OF MY LATEST LOG FILE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_XzmAQIv5cPuSyFmnANJwxvj7Eja4okh/view?usp=sharing

Looks like the same problems I have also with update involved:

Roon 1.7(build 667) does not start anymore

Were you able to solve the issue? Did you get adequate support from Roon? So far crickets for me from Roon support.

What operating system do you have on the laptop?
If it is w10 have you had any recent updates?

w10 and yes, just got new updates. I uninstalled them but it did not solve the issue.

Try going to the manufacturer site, not windows update, and updating the graphics card drivers and that symptom often occurs with graphics card problems.

1 Like

I tried everything I can think of but no solution. I’m dependent on Roon support but nothing came up so far.

That is amazing…how long have you waited for this issue to be resolved? I transitioned from Volumio to Roon because I had hoped support would be more professional and timely here.

I will try that. I will let you know.

It may well be graphics drivers, indeed any additional cards in the PC

My motherboard has integrated Intel graphics. The recent update gave me no issues

I have updated all drivers that needed to be updated, re-installed ROON, no dice. Same problem.
HERE IS THE LATEST LOG FILE.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1phCOILiSOWSPWFfi5zIvUEAEfpmkMBtj/view?usp=sharing
TO ROON SUPPORT- HAVE NOT HEARD FROM YOU. I AM NOT A PATIENT CUSTOMER WHEN IT COMES TO THIS. i HAVE SWITCHED FROM VOLUMIO TO ROON FOR THIS EXACT ISSUE. I WILL ESCALATE!

We will let you get on with it then, cheers.

2 Likes

Not sure what this means. Although it’s not necessary, to be on the safe side, I am tagging @support.

You reported this just before a weekend, so that’s why you haven’t heard a day later.

1 Like

Spent 6 hours working on this issue today… I am not a programmer so I really got lucky I think. Very frustrating but I finally got it to work.

It would have been nice to have had support from Roon…

What was the problem resolution?

I am not sure. Itried a lot of things and after a while lost track as I stopped checking if the app was opening after every change I made. Very frustrating. It could come back. I hope not.

What support did you get from the provider of the update that broke Roon?
Did they provide another update and provide an instant response?

I am not sure the upgrade had anything to do with it. I can not tell. I still have the upgrade installed.

I also deleted and re-installed Roon at least 3 times, reflashed Roopie, messed around with firewall setting, etc., etc., etc., etc. As I said, I have extremely limited skills when it comes to these things.

Ah well it seems Roon have not provided any fix over the weekend so it seems very unlikely Roon was at fault as you have fixed it without anything from Roon.

Do not understand your argument at all. Roon interfaces with lots of programs on your PC, rigth? It needs to be robust enough to keep on working with Windows updates, rigth? Are you saying I should have called Windows to help me fix a problem with Roon not opening?

Everything else worked, except for Roon. And… I am making an assumption that it did coincide with the Windows update, but again, I am not sure at all. It could have been fixed with the fourth re-installation of Roon.

Bottom line is that Roon should have provided support.