Showcase your 1.8 themes

***warning – the ui_atlas@1x-1.png file has changed in the build 763 update.

you must edit the new ui_atlas@1x-1.png file that comes in the update. if you simply copy in the edited file from the previous release you get this behavior and will have to reinstall the roon app – unfortunately, i found this out the hard way!

edit, how?

see this post:

1 Like

windows10 for me… but editing the 1x-1 file in windows paint 3d worked. thanks for the help.

Thank you for your fine work!
Fantastic job!

Hi @miss_my_zune,

How do you edit the 1x-1 files in Paint 3D (Windows 10)?

I’ve never used Paint 3D before, and for the life of me I can’t figure out how to place a square (from the 2D shapes selection. I’ve tried dragging across and every other action I can think of but nothing seems to work.

Select the solid square icon. Choose color white. Place mouse cursor on a corner of the area you want to cover, click and hold left mouse button and drag to diagonally opposite corner.

1 Like

Fantastic!

Thanks very much. I don’t know whether I was just being ‘thick’ or Paint 3D is very unintuitive - probably a combination of the two.

I’ve now managed to get my squares back.

1 Like

This circle change is getting a bit confusing. I got them to change on my MacBook Air, but it wouldn’t do it on my Mac Pro trash can. I used an edited 2X-1 file David sent me for both. But I see others are editing the 1X-1 file. So which is it? Both? With the 2X-1 on my MacBook, the artists went square but production credits remained round, which I’m okay with as it differentiates the two. But it would be nice to get some clarification on the different UI files.

This is the first theme I installed. Most Excellent! Thank you!

You’re welcome. Which theme did you try?

Agreed. I’m not sure which applies to what either.

Roon’s a beach v2. That’s the post I was replying to. sorry if it was not obvious. Moved to v3 which i found in one of the dropbox folders. Couldn’t figure out any changes, must have been fairly subtle.

Its now replaced the light theme on my desktop. thanks again.

A lot of folks helping a lot of folks here… @DaveN especially. Using his spread sheet, I’ve saved a handful of themes into my creamsicle directory and can change them at will. Too much fun.

1 Like

Yep, the v3 changes were small, but the latest version can be generated using the google sheet I created last week. This also gives you quite a few other options for themes. Check it out if you haven’t seen it yet as it’s a big improvement.

I’m glad you’re still finding it useful, but I’d suggest grabbing a new copy as I changed it as there was a problem with the focus tabs in the last version (positive and negative were being displayed in the same colour). The latest version distinguishes between them.

I should always get the latest from my bookmark no? Just have to replace my local copy… Maybe you could stick a version # or date stamp in there somewhere.

Yep, the bookmark will stay the same. And I’ll either add a version number of just update the post at the top of the Theme Generator, Mark II topic.

1 Like

I’ve added a version number in cell A7 - v1.1(16). v1.1 is the version number, (16) is the current number of themes).

2 Likes

For circles to squares in Windows, I repeated what I had done with the previous version - changed out both ui_atlas@1x-1 and 2x-1 files with the ones I downloaded from (I think) @Damian_Kurgan .

Worked fine after both 763 and 764 updates.