Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

But the socks nearly match the foliage :grin:

5 Likes

Diggin the wall treatments. Faux finish, wall paper…do tell.

1 Like

It’s four different colours of paint (not so obvious with the blue lights) with top coats applied with a “doctored” sponge. I did it in a rare moment of creativity.

4 Likes

I never had the guts to get that adventitious. Always wimped out and went roller and brush. Looks great, especially if that is not your profession. I figured hand applied…but by a pro.

1 Like

I’m flattered :joy:
It’s a very safe adventure, if it doesn’t look good you just paint over it & start again.

1 Like

That is exactly me fear. I very much dislike painting to begin with. The thought of doing it twice :grimacing:

1 Like

In that case you are doomed to expensive painters & decorators or even worse, designers / decorators. I’d volunteer but the cost of flights is horrendous :wink::flushed:

2 Likes

but the carpet does not match the drapes.

2 Likes

Aaaah! but if you look at the daylight photos you’ll see there are Red & Amber highlights which are in keeping with the rugs. The rugs all have various shades of blue & red :wink:

1 Like

Looks like you’ve got some serious “toe-in” (seriously) with your setup. Does the manufacturer recommend that?

Secondly, my one superpower is that I can physically make a paintbrush move away from my hand when I reach for one. Lucky me.

You have a wonderful system. Enjoy.

Nice room :+1: I worked in colour physics for many years. Perhaps your day and night photos are having a metameric episode. Sorry, metamerism is my favourite word ever :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The answer is yes, the full details are found at:-

But the shape of the cabinets probably exaggerate the image a little, not forgetting the use of a 13mm lense which also distorts the image.

Decorating is an occasional necessity, the money I save gets spent on the HiFi :smiling_face:

I suppose it is metameric in the context of four separate processes (or segments).
I had a brief association with light physics in the past, mercifully :grin:

1 Like

Swap the green socks for something in the red/blue spectrum and all will be fine. Having said that, they do match the great outdoors perfectly. :smiley:

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned the pants.

4 Likes

Figured he lives on a golf course or he was still enjoying his morning tea.

The photo was taken around 9 pm, so it’s “lounge wear” or that’s the name given on the packing.
And please, don’t link me to golf, I prefer real exercise :joy:

3 Likes

It’s a fact that some people in the UK even go to the supermarket in their pyjamas.
PJ

4 Likes

I think if you search the internet for the phrase “the people of walmart” or something similar, you’ll realize that the good people of the UK are not alone.

6 Likes

I believe the fashion people now call that “power casual”.

4 Likes