Slow loading of Artist Overview and Information

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 - latest version

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TP Link AC1200 - ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

na

Description Of Issue

Yet again the loading of Artist Overview and other information is very slow (I’m in the UK).

This issue, and related issues, has been raised repeatedly. It is an intermittent problem that I assume is related to the number of users at any one time.

Obviously it’s not the end of the world, but an explanation and permanent solution would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Same issue here. Just gives up after a while. Also Win10 and in the UK, I’m on a gigabit symmetrical connection to the internet (FTTH and good FTTH at that) with a very robust network setup. Really frustrating.

1 Like

Same here. Roon have been really slow in the evenings lately. Tonight it was unusable. I live in Sweden. My setup is Roon Rock on an i5 10th Gen NUC with 16 Gb ram. My internet is fiber 250/250 mbit.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Lyrics view displayed instead of artist photo and album insert

Things are a bit quicker for me now. As I said, this seems to be an intermittent problem.

Hello @SukieInTheGraveyard,

I am mortified that it took us until today to get back to you. I am so sorry :pleading_face:

Thank you for letting us know of the issue you’ve experienced three weeks ago…is this still happening? Can we help at all :nerd_face: ?

No problem. It definitely isn’t happening as much. In fact it hasn’t happened at all for the past week, so that’s great.

Slow loading of Artist Overview and Info is happening again (in UK - for me at least!). I know this is a minor issue as I can still play music, access library etc., but I’d love to know why it’s happening.

Lots of speculation about servers, but most of US is still asleep at this time so I wouldn’t have thought that it’s down to heavy usage. I’m sure that things will improve - they always do!

same here, I’m located in Israel

Having the same issues in Belgium. I’ve tested several different DNS settings (own unbound DNS server, 1.1.1.1, 9.9.9.9) but without success. No IPv6 on my network.
Roon core is running on a Debian VM, Intel i5-10400 (4 cores, 8GB) but I’ve had the same issues when running on my desktop (i7 8700k, 16GB)
Speedtest gives my around 270/19.
Using Qobuz for streaming

Edit: could be related: Slow loading of page content

Very slow at loading up info today. Sometimes not even loading my library albums via artist tab without me going back and forwards. Further info very slow/not loading.

A post was split to a new topic: Qobuz content loading slowly

Hi @SukieInTheGraveyard,

Prior to today how has it been performing for you? Can you share a video of what you’re seeing currently?