To much problems and work with Roon, since the last updated version!

Hi everyone who’s got problems like, can’t connect to the Core! Losing the connection to the Core! Can’t restore from a backup! Can’t make a backup on command! The enjoying circle that going round and round and laying in songs and albums, from TIDAL that I haven’t chosen!
Or what, if I’m trying to put a album from TIDAL so does it come up, lost connection with the Core…trying to reconnect!
TIDAL doesn’t work with Roon like before!

Since the latest updated version of Roon, so have it not been fun to use or trying to use it!
I have spent more time with my computer and all the stuff, I wrote before instead of be able to listen to music!
It’s not fun at all!

So please fix this problem!

@support @Anders_Strengberg Anders seems like you are having more than your fair share of issues.

As always when reporting this type of thing you should add as much info as possible for the support guys to see what could be causing your issues. I know you have been around the traps for a long time here…but detailing your specific setup will help as we dont all remember everything you have posted in the past :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi @Anders_Strengberg ----- Thank you for the report and the feedback. Both are appreciated and sorry to hear of the troubles you are experiencing.

Moving forward, to help us get this figured out for you, may I kindly ask you to please provide the following information:

• Please provide a brief but accurate description of your setup so we have a better sense as to what gear you are working with. Using this link as a guide will help.

• Please describe your network configuration/topology being sure to provide detailed insight into any networking hardware you are currently implementing.

• “can’t connect to the Core! Losing the connection to the Core!”

• Are you experiencing this with all of your remote device OR just some of them? Since noticing this behavior have you tried reinstalling the application on those devices?

• Have you tried power cycling not only your core machine but any relevant networking hardware was well (i.e router, switches, etc)?

• “Can’t restore from a backup!”

• What exactly are you seeing when you try to restore from a backup? Any failure messages or does it just not complete?

• How many backups have you tested with since noting the above? Do they all fail in the same fashion?

• Have you tried restoring one of your backups on a different device just to verify what the experience is like?

• I will be following up with you after this via PM so we can evaluate your backups in house.

• " Can’t make a backup on command!"

• I am assuming based on this comment that the “back up” now function is not working for you as expected, is this correct?

• How do scheduled backups perform?

• Have you tried using a different storage location since noticing this behavior to verify what the experience is like?

• “The enjoying circle that going round and round and laying in songs and albums, from TIDAL that I haven’t chosen!”

• It sounds like you are saying that TIDAL content is adding itself to your collection autonomously. Please provide exact details as to what you are seeing in the application when you notice this behavior. The only time I have heard of this “type” of symptom is when TIDAL collections were accidentally added during the onboarding process, so the more detail and insight you can provide, the better.
  • " I’m trying to put a album from TIDAL so does it come up, lost connection with the Core…trying to reconnect!"

• Help me better understand this observation. You add a TIDAL album to your library and then notice that your remote device drops connection to the core. When the remote comes back up is the album available or no? Is this easily reproducible, in other words do you encounter this behavior every time you add a TIDAL album?

-Eric

Hi @eric
I’m having my Roon Core on a PC laptop i5, 8GB ram memory, I’m only using the Roon Core on it, no virus program, and the firewall is working perfectly, using Allo USBridge and a IPad and iPhone as remote.
Fiber internet on 250/250GBits, a super Router, cable connection to a Switch (with no closing ports, full power all the time on all ports). Using Supra Ethernet cables cat 8. something!
So everything is top class (it’s only my Pc laptop that’s a little old)!

“can’t connect to the Core! Losing the connection to the Core!”

Yes it’s on both my iPad and iPhone!
I have going through all my equipment and even deleted the Roon Core and reinstalled it again!
I have tried to delete the Roon remote app and reinstalled it again!

“Can’t restore from a backup!”

Sometimes it works to restore from a backup but, when it’s done and it wants to restart well it losing connection and trying to reconnect to the Core again!
I have 3 different places there I have my backups, on the computer, my NAS and my iCloud!
I have tried to use the 3 different place of my backups, with the same result!

" Can’t make a backup on command!"

On Sunday or Monday I succeeded to get connection with my Core and everything worked perfectly, so I thinking that I should make a backup on it, but it’s only coming up lost connection with the Core and trying to reconnect!
The last backup is from the April 11 so it’s relatively new, but it’s not working with my schedule for backups since that on none of the 3 different places I have!

“The enjoying circle that going round and round and laying in songs and albums, from TIDAL that I haven’t chosen!”

When I click on it, it’s standing that so and so many songs have been detected and trying to collect information about the songs!

" I’m trying to put a album from TIDAL so does it come up, lost connection with the Core…trying to reconnect!"

When it worked perfectly for a little time on Sunday or Monday, so did I found a artist and album that I have missed before, so I clicked on add to the library. But it come up a message that it would take some time to add it to my library, but Roon should try to make it when I played music etc…
But it’s not among my albums!
I can’t go to TIDAL on Roon either, the Roon logo just working but I don’t get to TIDAL! The last playlists that I have made in TIDAL doesn’t showing, when I put the shared playlists on, in the playlists menu?
So there’s strange things between Roon and TIDAL!
I have tried to log out and logged in again but it’s not helping!

Since I wrote this support message, so have I been able to playing with Roon, with no stopping or anything else, but I’m so happy to be able to listen to music! So I haven’t tried to make any backups etc…but I have tried to get to TIDAL and it’s not working, and I can’t search for the artist and the album I tried to put in my library!
It’s only the Roon logo that comes up and just working but nothing happens!

I hope that you have got the information you needed!
All the best,
Anders

Hi @eric

I don’t know why you have closed my support question?

But Roon works now, well since I wrote my answer to you!
I don’t know if it’s working to make a backup or if TIDAL is working as it shall!
But I can play my playlists and it’s not been any stop or losing connection with the Core…

But it’s clear that something is wrong, because it’s many people who report issues on the support list!
So I’m not the only one who has problems with Roon, backups and TIDAL!

I know that you guys will solve this problem as soon as possible, because your the best and always working 24/7 when it’s coming any kinds of problems with Roon.

L&R
Anders

Hi @Anders_Strengberg ---- Thank you for providing the requested feedback and sharing your latest observations with me, Both are very appreciated, I am pleased to hear that things are now working as expected.

If you continue to have an issue with either TIDAL or your backups please feel free to drop me a PM and I will be glad to lend a hand.

Happy listening!
-Eric

1 Like

Hi @eric
I have no problems to playing with Roon and issues to connect to my Core.
But still problems with TIDAL it’s a circle that works all the time and putting songs and albums to my library!
So I can’t go to TIDAL in Roon and see anything or searching for a artist or a any music!
If I make a playlist or save a artist or album in TIDAL it’s not coming up in Roon?
I have another question about your own Nucleus, is it possible to buy it from you directly or must I buy it from reseller’s?
Because in Sweden it’s costing $3.600USD!

All the best
Anders

Hi @Anders_Strengberg ----- Thank you for touching base with me and providing me with an update. Appreciated!

Continuing forward, can you verify for me if during your troubleshooting of this behavior have you tried logging in and and out of TIDAL via the “services” tab in Roon? Additionally, if you do visit the “services” tab and click the “edit” button does TIDAL say “syncing”?

Additionally, can you please also try clearing your TIDAL cache using the instructions found just below:

1. Quit Roon (or RoonServer)
  2. Find and open your Roon or RoonServer folder
  3. Locate and delete only the cache folder (Roon/Cache)
  4. Restart Roon

-Eric

Hi @eric
So I understand you right!

This shall I do in my Roon Core on my Pc?
Not on my iPad remote?

Best
Anders

@Anders_Strengberg ---- On your Roon core (i.e the PC).

Thanks!
-Eric