Upraded to 1.8 now all my DACs are missing and cannot play any music

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 64 bit / Roon 1.8 (build 753)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired Ethernet Netgear Pro 1GBS switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Topping D10s USB
Topping E30 USB

Description Of Issue

I can no longer select either of the Topping DACs from the audio zone selector. I can see them both in Settings:Audio and I can configure them but I cannot use them to play music after the upgrade.

2 Likes

Have you tried rebooting the Computer? When you do start playing music what happens, any messages, does the track indicator move like Roon “thinks” it is playing music?

1 Like

I have the same problem, believe something wrong in the new version 1.8.

I have tried all the ways, the problem come back again and again, once dac switch off and on back, dac cannot be played again, unless to restart Roon core.

1 Like

I have the exact same issue. Local DACs disappear and Roon Server has to be restarted. The DACs still appear under Settings>Audio though.

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue. I am running a Roon Core on a Silent Angel Rhein using VitOs operating system. Once I restart/reboot the Roon Core it connects to my USB DAC again, but once I turn it off and back on, Roon can’t connect to it and I have to reboot/restart again which is madness with a large library.

1 Like

I have the same issue. My Hegel Dac is connected to the core (PC, Windows 10). No problem. But my desktop DAC (Rme adi-2 dac v2) is not recognized in the audio zone but appears in the audio settings (from my MAC). Thank you

1 Like

Same problem. Have to restart the Core (Intel NUC on ROCK) every time to find my DAC (Burson Audio Composer 3XP).
Actually it’s sitting in Audio settings but you can not choose it until you restart the Server.

1 Like

Roon Team, @dylan

Another user with the exact same issue. Roon 1.8 - Zen DAC Audio Zone Keeps Dropping on Client Restart

I think Roon support is aware of this issue. Also issues with running the two different windows drivers asio and wasapi. Prior to 1.8, I was successfully using wasapi and since 1.8 cannot get that to work. asio does work but experiences the missing audio zone issue, along with occasional dropout’s.

Thanks, Phil

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Our QA team is investigating this. We’ll be sure to provide updates once we have more information.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Same issue with PC Surface Laptop 2 running the latest Windows 10 version, with a USB hiFACE TWO SPDIF interface to the amplifier: I cannot select the local audio zone and enabling the local USB interface in the Settings/Audio section took a long time.
Also, I tried to remove and reinstall the app but I still cannot find the local audio interface in the audio zone selection… Are the audio interfaces also stored at Core level (here a dedicated ROCK box).

1 Like

I have a similar issue. I can see all devices in the “Audio” menu, but one of it is not offered in the playback section. I can make it play when I add it to a zone. Funnily, one of the devices that still works is a Hifiberry running Ropieee, while the device that does no longer show up in playback is a Hifiberry running Hifiberry OS.

The device that does not show up is the only device that runs a Roon bridge. The others are native Roon devices. So maybe that’s the reason.

A restart of the Roon core via web interface fixed it, but let’s see for how long.

Howdy all, just a bump on this as I have the same issue. Using a Chord Mojo connected to Allo USB Sig. Windows 10 x64 core. DAC visible in settings but have to restart roon core each time for it to be available in the audio zones.

1 Like

It also worked for me… but for how long?

1 Like

It sounds the issue has been fixed, I have tried a few times, it works well.

It is definitely not fixed. This morning I had to reboot/restart the Core in order for it to see my USB connected DAC. It does still see the airplay end points, but not the USB connected DAC to my m Ian system.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me if the affected devices are running on roon bridge? The only device that I cannot “see” in the playback section is the one running a roon bridge.

I’m having the same issue

If I shut down and restart my Hugo 2 (connected via a RPi running Roon Bridge), it does not show up as available for playback.

However, it shows up as enabled in Setting - > Audio

Only works when the core is restarted.

It fixes it for me until the next time I restart the DAC. Then it disappears and I have to reboot the core.