Version 1.7 User Friendly + Diagonal Pixel Artist/Album

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10, Latest Updates, Roon 505

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Standard LAN.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
PC

Description Of Issue
Hello, first of all thank you very much for your level of engagement in the software development. The new release was much anticipated and the speed/response time has noteably increased. Just some comments on my current findings:

1. Diagonal pixel across an artist or album page including pixel erros in the genre sections. Pls. see the picture. Release 1.6 did not have this abnormalies at all. There was no HW or setting change from 1.6 to 1.7 from my end. Can you pls. let me know how to fix this? The fault in the pics do not match the high standard ROON is setting:

1. On the artist/album overview page. Until 1.6 we had the album format right hand above in easy to read transparent form, if there was a version comment it was placed on the right hand side transparent in an easy to read form - Now with 1.7 the whole information moved to the left hand side and good that you have re-set the font type in build 505 back to normal. I suggest to have re-installed the two lines for the format and the version information again plus have the information placed on a transparent box as before. Overall this looks cleaner and easy to allocate rather than having all the information in one/two continues lines. [User friendliness]

2. How to get rid of the recommendation tags in the album view? Whoever set them has some reasons - but why in connection with my library? Suggest to implement a switch in the setting to apply or not.

3. Your announce NEW releases feature would be perfect, even more than this if also applied on the local library artist portfolio - I think I read that you do not want to be a music wikpedia - You know that you are much more than this - The new release function will just be the cherry on the cake for passionate music lovers, like your ratings, the recommendation, the lyrics, the pictures etc. Place in a central to find position would be making a big difference in your SW

Overall, pls. continue your perfect service and almost perfect SW. A solution to my issue #1 would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello @Klaus-19,

We are investigating the reports of the pixel “tail” appearing in Roon. We will be sure to keep you updated on the status of this investigation.

Regarding your points of feedback, they would best be placed in the Roon 1.7 feedback thread for visibility to the product team:

-John

Hi @Klaus-19,

Thank you again for your diagonal pixel report. I have been discussing with the QA team and we would kindly like to request some more information here:

1. If you run Roon in “Windowed” mode, do you experience the same behavior?

2. Can you reproduce this behavior a few times, note the exact local time + date when you observe it occur and then manually send us a copy of your logs by using these instructions? The best way to get them over would be via a shared Dropbox / Google Drive link.

3. Does this issue only occur when you place your cursor over a clickable object on the album details page (track name/album name/play buttons) or does it occur on the bottom section as well?

4. What are your Core specifications and video card model/manufacturer? If you don’t know this, you can find this in Device Manager under Display Adapters.

Thanks!

Hello Noris,
the baseline was a regular start-up of ROON with selecting a random album o=
ut of the entry via Interpret. The pixel tail across the appeared as per my=
initial screenshots shared. Also the genre line was flickering. Then:

1. Run Roon in a “Windowed” mode - With the same selection open as describe=
    d, the pixel tail disappeared, the genre line is not flickering anymore. Ba=
    ck to normal “full” windows mode the pixel tail did not materialize across =
    a selection of interpret/albums, same for the genre line flickering, not th=
    ere anymore. I shut down Roon & restarted, the behaviour is repeatable. Fir=
    st the pixel tail, then in windowed mode the pixel tail disappears and stay=
    s in this way as decribed above.
  2. As written in 1. The screen shots you have already.
  3. It happens quite often, also in the context of Interpret - Right click o=
    n any interpret and the pixel tail appears, The Interpret picture alone wit=
    hout right click has no pixel tail although. Again if I use the windowed mo=
    de everything is fine and remains so until a new session of Roon starts (ne=
    w session, shut down, restart)
  4. Windows 10 - Latest Upates as of today; AMD Radeon RX Vega 11

I hope this helps to allocate the challenges. It seems that there is a conn=
ection to the “windowed” modus which solves apparently the challenge, but i=
n my view would not be a standard solution…
Pls. let me know if you would need more information.
Thanks

Friend you’re not alone :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Klaus-19,

Thank you for providing that information.

Can you please provide a timestamp and a Roon log set immediately after this issue occurs? There is no timestamps that I can see in your original posts, just screenshots of the Roon interface. Timestamp - e.g. 5:38PM on 12/5/19. For Roon logs, you can use these instructions (<-clickable link).

Thanks!

Noris,
the log is now ready to be send to you. Can you pls. the way how you want to have the file send to you. I am not on dropbox nor plan to do so.
Thanks

Hi @Klaus-19,

I have just followed up via private message (green “1” in the notifications area)

Noris, uploaded - here we are Klaus-19 Logs.zip. Thanks.

Hi @Klaus-19,

Thanks for sending those logs over. I am not noticing a timestamp here, can you please provide this so we can cross-reference the logs for the time of occurrence of the issue?

Noris, I took the zip directly after its occurance: Today, 11-December 12:52 CET. Pls. note also the data send in the zip is for the purpose of allocating the “trails” cause only and I take it that you will delete the logs afterwards for good - Data Privacy. Thanks.

Hi @Klaus-19,

Thanks for confirming that timestamp, I have forwarded it to the QA team. Once your case is closed/solved the log files will be removed.

Hi @Klaus-19,

We’ve recently released Roon 1.7 (Build 511) which includes changes that should improve this behavior. Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.